Advanced nutrients

Is the whole line of Advanced nutrients worth it. At this time I only use a&b for veg an bloom. Extreme gardening for roots. Epson salt as well as substitute For calmag so to say

3 Likes

I used to use the whole master level from advanced way back before I switched from salt based fertilizers to living organics. Here where I keep the advanced nutrients now, along with Dutch masters foliar bull.

8 Likes

Is advanced worth it?
Depends.

If you have 40 candles burning in a barn, and your staff are numbnuts, and your product sells for $1700/lb., then maybe.

Imagine you take your harvest from 70 to 80 lbs per run in that barn by changing the nutrient alone. Even if you spend 6K extra on food, you are still 10K ahead.

That IMHO was the market for AN. Not home growers.

$0.02 CAD

7 Likes

This is a good thread about alternative methods!

3 Likes

absolutely not
when it comes to mineral based nutes, its all the same stuff. different ratios from product to product, but they all have the same ingredients (obviously excluding additives). it doesnt make sense to spend tons of money on something like the an lineup when there are so many cheaper options

2 Likes

Understandable on that forsure. Just don’t feel the a&b I use enuff for some genetics I grow. Pk booster is where I’m thinking I need to zone in on so to say

1 Like

No it’s not, but that said you don’t need the full series.

The basic 3 part basics is a solid base, for growing a nice crop with quality nutrients.
As chemical purity is not all the same, in all chem fertelizers, so it’s not all the same.

IME they are not expencive to use, you might need to supliment with epsom. And if you wanna use boosters, there is no problem with using a different cheaper brand, along with the basic 3 part series

2 Likes

I would think the opposite is who AN is after. Newbies who watched a few episodes of Weeds and think they can crop pounds and swear it makes all the difference despite not having tried anything else. Big assumptions. But there is a lot more overhead for a big barn with 40 candles so any expense you can make smaller the better.

Most who have tried various lines will say they all grow weed so why waste money for marketing?

I’d think most big ops are using dry salts

4 Likes

One thing I did notice when I use it as well as in a buddy’s that used the whole line too. All the plants seemed to all generally taste the same.

1 Like

ive heard bud candy will do that

1 Like

Bud candy is just a bunch of different type of sugars. It’s meant to feed the microbes in voodoo juice. It doesn’t actually make your buds sweeter

3 Likes

I spent like 60 bucks on a tiny hobbyist pack and realized that it was just too strong for my outdoor soil grows. I used the voodoo juice more than the rest. If you are in the US and you want to spring for shipping I’ll mail you the rest of the nutes. I think the bud candy hasn’t even been opened and most are full. Then you can test them out at least. They are very pricey.

3 Likes

Yeah I would be down for that

1 Like

I stick with what works for me. MegaCrop, 2 or 3 AN products, FulPower and of course oleskool’s secret 57 different herbs and spices.
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I have some bud candy to sell someone! I’ll let ya know what’s exactly in it also 1.5 cups of unsulphered molasses and 97% water all for the low price of $39.99 plus shipping of $15.99 oh and don’t forget to use promo code: Tinysflowerpower for 10 % off Offer promo code expires 1/31/2019 hurry and order now limited quantities on hand!

2 Likes

I have used AN Veg and Bloom and Micro for a couple years and it worked very well. I never used the max dosage of any ferts and have never bought the over priced molasses and water boosters.

4 Likes

15% off for my good friend @50State!

4 Likes

Maybe you are right - I have friends who grow massive amounts semi-legally under medical. Their help is terrible, so a nutrient that mixes to a good enough ph and works ok from the label on the bottle may make the difference.

Many of them run GH one-part or lucas. Once again, to remove as many variables as possible. The biggest issues for them are theft and power outages. They do not “dial in” anything… large ac units, some pots, some pumps, some food, and some very sketchy electrical panels is the name of that game…

In this situation I do think AN helps, and a few of them do use it.

But you are very much correct that heavy marketing may be also targeting homegrowers’ disposable income. I have never seen that show - did the plug their product?

5 Likes

All the additives in AN’s series is targeted home growers, and as I see it it’s made for people who don’t have ideal conditions and know how. But that goes for all the cannabis nute companys, additives are not really needed. Not saying they don’t work, they might help!

When I did commercial cropping, I had a meeting with AN about buying nutrients direct. As you don’t wanna pay growshop prices, when you mix a 1000 Gal reservoir for each room.

They started out talking a lot about additives, but in the end they had to agree with me. The basic 3 part line, is all you need to get top yealds. My background is greenhouse growing, not cannabis related. And all thouse additives sold for cannabis, I have never met in my work or horticulture education, seen on greenhouse expos or wholesale catalogs.

When your nutrient and pH is in ballance, your planst will get all they need from the 3 part line. It’s only a question about mixing it right, for the strain your running.
If your not as good at maintaining the reservoir, sure it helps to use all sorts of additives. That will correct the imballance, or beneficial bacteria/mycelium that will help your plant uptain thouse things even tho your pH is fucked and your res is full of waste nutes.

This don’t mean they are all needed, and that is why you can’t buy the addetives in commercial containers. They are only made in growshop size, and sold to home growers.

Thats my experience and view, others might have different opinions and experience.

9 Likes

Interesting @Palindrome. I am having a discussion with my friend @Calyxander who has quite similar views. No bloom boosters etc. It has to be simple for him and me, we’re both older than dirt! Thanks man. You guys have me lost in the throws of contemplation. I need to smoke another joint and think.
:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes