Adventures on RDWC

Next time you may need to add some supplement for Calcium and Magnesium if it keeps happening early in veg. Cannabis plants need a bit of calcium and magnesium in their early stages of veg and first couple of weeks of flower. Most people get both of them naturally in their tap water. If your mineral content in your water is really low then you may not be getting enough. Just watch for it in the early stages next time and if it happens again then you may need to get something to supplement them like CalMag products.

1 Like

@Ak49
I’m having some problems with it because my temp is 28c :hot_face:

OW! not good in DWC. Once you go over 24 you are a target for root disease and the solution cant hold much dissolved oxygen. The number you want to keep it under is 24C
If you do not have any means of reducing the temp around it or reducing the temp of the solution then you can add ports to the res and put fans blowing air into the res area. As long as the air can then escape it will evaporate some of the water in the nutes which will help keep temps down. You need to set it up though to make sure light is still not getting to the root zone. If you are willing to spend the money then you can get refrigeration units to keep nutes cool. I did that a while back and never looked back.

1 Like

That’s no good you must maintain under 66 degrees and above 64

2 Likes

Between 64 and 66F seems a pretty tight margin :slight_smile: Perhaps I got things wrong but that is around 18C which is the lowest you want to go before it is too cold for the plant. The only way you would be able to keep temps that stable in an environment like @leuh13 seems to have (hot) is by using a nutrient chiller.
I use a nutrient chiller to keep my temps at 21C and its happy days. Do you have any suggestions to how leuh13 can maintain it that cool without a chiller?

3 Likes

Another thought @leuh13, How big is your nutrient pump? I was surprised myself when I found out how much my pumps were heating the solution.During night periods in winter with lights off my nutrient still does not drop below 20.5C and eventually figured out it was the pump keeping it from getting really cold and mine is a small high quality pump. So a big low quality pump would be multiple times worse.

A classic example. I store water in a 200L drum in my grow room. I decided to add a pump and a UV filter to it so it would run 24/7 to keep the pipes in my systems under pressure and the excess water would pass through the UV filter and back into the drum to keep it sterile if I was to leave it there for long periods of time. The room is air conditioned to 24C and the water would normally sit around 20C but it heated up to 28 C within a few days.

3 Likes

Right to some right on the money to others . That’s just what I do.:man_shrugging: :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I think that my water pump is my problem, this shit maybe is heating my solution I guess

I’ll think about open some ports in my reservoir

I’ve a chiller but I only will turn on when I start 12/12h. My chiller consume energy like as hell

1 Like

I changed my solution right now, follow EC measure
Tap water EC: 0.15
Tap water + nuts EC: 0.92

I added 0.77 EC using 310ml of flora bloom + 155 ml of floramicro in 100 l of tap water

2 Likes

Follow some pics from my Darling

3 Likes

Cal mag def ec and or ph check it all brotha.
Peace :v:

2 Likes

Yeah that is a very tight margin. A more realistic margin people play with is 66 to 72

2 Likes

They sure are looking happy now. Plus the roots show that you do not have any disease yet so very good. Hopefully you can get the temps of the nutes down. Another solution that my mate used was to just add a large drum (about 200L) to your nute system. Use it like a large res. Make sure the drum is not under the light or in a hot spot and it will radiate heat off its sides while the water circulates through it. It means you will have a much larger res which can mean wasting more nutes on res changes etc but it really does make a difference to the nute temps. Just another option.

1 Like

My EC is stabilized on 0.93 now. My ph always turn to acid (4.5~5) after 3 days +/- and I need to ajust.

i’m thinking about coat my reservoir using anything termic so my chiller will turn on less times during 24h to maintain my solution between 19 ~ 21 celsius

Not bad Idea but I’ll need to rob a bank to buy nuts hahahahaha will use a loooot of nuts in 200L of water haha

Yeah for sure. However, you can save a lot of the difference as technically you should do nute changes based on the amount of nutes your system holds. So if you had a larger reserviour then you would do nute changes less often. I think it is something like one or two times the system capacity. eg: If it was 2 times the capacity then if your system holds 100L you would do a nute change once the plants have used 200L

1 Like

Some pics taked right now
3rd bloom week

2 Likes

1 plant in 1m2

Yesterday when I did prune my plant I had a big mistake because I broke her in the base. Here follow a pic
I hope that she can recovery from this

I drew in the second photo the bullshit I made. The trace in red represents where I broke the plant and the green was the way I tied it up to return to the place

3 Likes

3 Likes