Advice for DWC Hydroponic

No mercifully.

Are these white flies?

I have read somewhere on this site that you can raise the water temp to the point that the plants will stress but the bugs will die. I think the magic number is below 100F, but I am not certain of the temp.

no, drain and moth flies

is this similar larvae? i found this lone bugger a few days ago and havenā€™t found anything since, never seen a flyer (just gnat), no idea where it came from

No its not the same colour and mine are only in the root zone. In any case Im sure they came out of your root zone. I did persistant 35% H2O2 baths for each plant in a 5Gal bucket @ 3ml/Gal for 10 minutes a gentle root massage, lol, and back into RDWC bucket. I repeated every 3 /4 days for 3 weeks. I also used to hand pick the larvae. I dont see any fliers anymore as I have sealed the tops of my buckets with Mylar white side up and the girls are caged now. If they still exist, I dont see them. My Ph levels are steady now and plants are growing nicely. Just flipped into flower 14 days ago so I will see after harvest.

interesting i never considered thatā€¦ iā€™m in coco/perlite and these plants are like 4ft tall, that lil guy would have had to go pretty far but i guess it had to come from somewhere. maybe i should do a soil drench with some light h2o2 solutionā€¦ heard its good for fungus gnat larvae anyways

my theory was it crawled on to my door from the basement, cause when its open i roll it up and toss it aside kinda on the ground, then got on the plant when i closed it, because i didnā€™t notice it until i was zipping up my door

i grew dwc for a long time on a micro level, so feel free to reach out with any questions you have. when in doubt, keep it clean and simple.

Use this for gnats, put in main cooler.

1 Like