Advice needed on Breeder and/or seed selection, asap

Hey @Nitt , when your looking for one of those small fridges, get one without a mini freezer in it. They have the tendency to leak all over. You want straight fridge, for your seed storing purposes.

If your just looking for a good mother to grow in continuing cycles, start all five(I’m assuming they’re fem seed). Veg them till they are mature (branches start to alternate, instead of growing side by side, pre flowers show) without trimming anything. Once they are in they’re final pot, label each, 1-5 or whatever made it that far. The day you put them to flower, trim the lowers of each potential mother and put the fresh snips in a zip lock, liable corresponding number on it with a sharpie, and put it in a shoe box, at the bottom of your fridge. You now flower out the seed plants and observe. You have back ups of each in the fridge and they will last 6-8 wks in there. By 6-7 weeks of flowering and observing, you should have an idea which ones you like the best and you can pull the corresponding snips out of the fridge and root them. This way you save space and time by not holding cuts in veg that you’ll never grow. If you can’t tell which one’s are for you by 6-8 wks, than root them all and you’ll have a chance to get a smoke test in before your over run in the veg room. Keep the one or ones you like the best and fill your flower room with those.
I hope that makes sense. :grin::v:

8 Likes

Thanks for the fridge tip.
Yes, they’re fem seeds. Ok, I probably will do all 5 at once. We’ll see. Thanks.

1 Like

Never thought of keeping cuts in the fridge, how do you protect them against bacteria and other nasties?

Pz :v:t2:

Fridge tek works.
As long as no food in the fridge is molding, its all good.

My aversion to this tek is the chaotic light schedule.

You can also put cuttings in a cup of water in a fridge and they will root in there. But it takes a while.

2 Likes

When seeds are removed from a fridge/cold storage, what’s the procedure for using them? Just take them outta the fridge and let them come to room temperature for a few hours or a day, outside of any packaging that might cause condensation or anything like?

1 Like

From a five pack, I only got three so far that cracked, and one of those the radical isn’t even coming out. Never had that happen, and never had it take this long.

1 Like

5 seeds dead. Big fail.

Score you some white widow or jack herer…two great strains that are easy to grow and readily available for an affordable price…go for the Jack, you definitely won’t regret it.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hey. I’d love some straight up jack herrer. But what breeder, what seed bank? I duno.
Now I’m wondering if I should go for a good clone/cut and risk that.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Now I’ve got bookmarks and places to check. I ended up with a couple things to try out.

1 Like

Sannie’s shop has a reliable and cheap Jack Herer.
Beanhoarder also has good cheap seeds. Hemp depot . Ca
Colorado sativas is cheap too.

1 Like

Just wanted to update this. The cuts in fridge work! It’s freaking awesome! Thanks alot @Budderton :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

7 East Genetics, Jordan of Islands & Med Men Genetics are the Best in BC

1 Like

7 East Genetics, Jordan of Islands & Med Man Brand you can google & their home page will be right there great prices a super dank strains Excellent Breeders in BC! Check them out

1 Like

Another Canadian breeder to check out is Omuerta Genetics, Jake has been putting out some killer strains. He works his strains and sends out testers long before he releases them for sale. I grew out a tester he sent with an order and it was amazing, I didn’t have any issues during my run, but some folks had issues and he scrapped that line. Thousand Oaks will not disappoint, and he’s added a few new strains over the last few months. “Testers” are included in every order, and also free packs for Veterans if you happen to be one.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, for the extra suggestions.