Afghan landraces

Looking for a good source of afghan landraces. Anyone has any reputable banks that they go through, please let me know.

5 Likes

@Upstate has recommended

Those are going to be IG accounts
If youā€™re looking for a one stop shop, check out kwikseeds

13 Likes

Thanks. Good sources. Iā€™d add Indian Landrace Exchange from IG via FullPowerselections or Ace seeds via the net.

7 Likes

Snowhigh
RED SCORPIAN AFGHANI: YELLOW SCORPIAN AFGHANI x DOUBLE RED AFGHANI: STOCKY BUSHES OR SINGLE COLA SPEARS, THESE WILL TURN SHADES OF RED AND YELLOW, SOME PURPLES AND BLACKS POSSIBLE AS WELL. $200 PRE ORDER

BLACK SCORPIAN AFGHANI: YELLOW SCORPIAN AFGHANI x HUMBOLDT BLACK INDICA AFGHANI: LIKES TO PRODUCE SINGLE COLAS OR SMALL SQUATTY TIGHT BUSHES. TURNS SHADES OF GREEN PURPLE AND BLACK. $200 PRE ORDER

YELLOW BELLIED SAP SUCKER: YELLOW SCORPIAN AFGHANI x OLD HEIRLOOM BALKH AFGHANI: CHANCES FOR REDS,YELLOWS, PURPLES AND BLACK PHENOTYPES, SOME STINK LIKE SKUNK OR PUNGENT HASH THATā€™S OFFENSIVE AND ASTRIGENT. COMPACT SINGLE COLA SPEARS OR BUSHY HASH PLANTS, THIS ONE IS POTENT OLD SCHOOL AFGHANI. $200 PRE ORDER

3 Likes

Afghan selections sells landrace Afghani beans.

3 Likes

Full Power Selections for sure. They visited 12 Afghan farms a couple of years ago and selected seeds from them all. They are back in the area this year to do the same. They documented everything in a Tourbook.

2 Likes

Expensive imo. Very.

3 Likes

Yeah, I canā€™t get over spending 100-150 a pack of landrace. Is what it is though

Iā€™ve known about this one for a while but havenā€™t bought it yet.

1 Like

very expensive, I personally donā€™t put so much money into some seeds. I think the most Iā€™ve paid is 120/150 and it already hurt mešŸ˜ā€¦ 300 dollars is a fridge full of food for the familyā€¦ I also donā€™t want to seem like Iā€™m criticizing the one who buys them, everyone earns their hard money as they can and spends it as they please.

4 Likes

Most Iā€™ve spent is 300 on a pack, but it was ā€œmean mugā€ from menegean. I do my best to not go over 150 a pack. Didnā€™t even get to run it either. Sent it to another breeder for them to run and do what they like with it. But I did get a good amount of beans from him. So it worked out. @Alta.Gama

3 Likes

brother, at least you spent them on quality genetics and put them to good use. When I spent them it was in that time of ignorance and I ended up with polyhybrid bagseed genetics that are worthless, that nobody not even want to tradeā€‹:sob::grin:ā€¦ hard work, dedication, and spend your money in what make you and your family happy.

2 Likes

Would be sweet to do a group buy or something, I love the grower from Instagram and YouTube his channels are ā€œAfghan.Landrace.Seedsā€ and ā€œPak and Afghan Cannabis Seedsā€ respectively.

Itā€™s a dude in a LasVegas hat in Star Wars lookin Afghanistan choppin down huge trees all the time. Cool varietals, giant chunks of hash, vast fields, inner city growsā€¦ Seems legit but best I can tell no seedbanks so gotta go direct thru him and no small counts.

More broadly, with legalization happening all over the world I really hope the people of Afghanistan get a shot at participating. Wanna talk about ā€œO.G.'sā€ of cannabisā€¦our homies over there generationally been carin for the plant way before people named skunkman or bubba or anything like that.

3 Likes

Funny you say that. Even though they werenā€™t expensive, my first packs of seeds I ever purchased were a few BOG packs. Bout three months after I finished Sweet Cindy bog passed. Went through all the packs cus of my inexperience and kickinā€™ myself to this day for doing so.

3 Likes

I canā€™t look at the giant trees in California without seeing Afghani farmers next to them. Without the hard work of traditional Afghan( and other) farmers over hundreds and hundreds of years we Would have a very different cannabis scene in this country.

9 Likes

https://www.redscareseedcompany.com/
Has some

2 Likes

I would go for Afghan Selection, Khalifa Genetics, TRSC or Indian Landrace Exchange. Everyone of these are pure landraces that are not worked, or atleast thats what they are telling you. I have grown ALOT of TRSC over the years and they are your best bet, ive also grown alot of what Afghan Selection have to offer and they havnt disappointed me yet. Remember that most afghan landrace seeds have quite a think shell and for the best germ rate you should punch them. Practise on some shit bagseeds before you do it on your precious landraces. Happy hunting :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Pz :v:t2:

6 Likes

The Afghan Sativa in Bodhiā€™s Afghan Sativa x Uzbeki is my favorite.
I know Snow has a cutting of that Affy and bred with it.

Many breeders from the 70s and 80s, when asked why there are only a few lines of Afghan going around, they said its because its rare to find a single exceptional plant in Afghan lines.
The Hindu culture uses hash. So they dont smoke a plant and say this was the best, lets use these seeds.
Instead, they grow out a field from seeds and hash the entire field (including the males).

Thats another reason I suggest trying to get a cut of Bodhiā€™s NLD Affy, or seeds of the NLD x Uzbeki. Being that the Uzbek is from the region just north of Mazar.

7 Likes

I have some Mazar going atm and they smell of musky pine and have decent trichome production.
I have a thread here I posted pics of in recently.
Most have poor bud structure but two are good enough to produce some decent looking nugs. The older heads I know always spoke high of mazar , Kandahar , hindu and paki lines but said the afghan plants from the lowlands in between were less desirable.

4 Likes

Has anyone ordered fron any of these afghan or pakistani seed vendors?

I am considering calling for a grouo buy to do some purchases and then do a few seed repos and spreads it around

1 Like