Afghaniganza! NOW Black Afghani, Cherry Queen, Black Leb and Blue Hemp Leb

Hydroponic …you should run

1 Like

Looks good. You should of visibly seen pollen tho. Keep pulling them sacs. Dry them too. Use a glass table.

4 Likes

Thanks for the guidance. I think I’ve seen some pollen on some of the more recent ones. It’s just so much less than I’m used to. I never fuck with these chemicals and shit, but this is a special lady and I want to get some S1s.

I’ll go a few more rounds on the pollen collection just in case. Might be too late for the Daku that isn’t reversed. If no seeds pop out of this one, then a clone becomes mom and I’ll try again. I’ll definitely keep a bunch of dried pollen sacs around for the next grow.

On another note, I obtained some Afghani NLD seeds from Tropical Seed Co. I might use them as an outcross, and then BX to the Daku. Also, I’m aware that the Landrace Team is currently collecting Iranian genetics, which express some visual similarities. Those might also make a good choice.

9 Likes

You got sacks. Have faith. Seed development takes time.

6 Likes

You’re right – I’m just being anxious. Thanks for the encouragement.

7 Likes

Your not the only one waiting. Lol

3 Likes

I got a cheese male im breeding with Dutch passion mazar auto. The sacks are taking their time as well.

2 Likes

It’s so nerve racking! The sacs come out so late and by the time you have pollen you wonder if the seeds will have enough time to mature. But I think these Daku’s might run a little longer than your typical Afghani. We’ll see.

You think your crosses will come out auto? I’ve never really spent much time reading about breeding autos. I’d expect that to be recessive – and if that’s the case do you select from F2?

4 Likes

I used CS on a cheese femenized auto. And the mazar is a auto too. Pollen should be femenized auto pollen. Seeds should be sound. I consider it a F1. Should be a mix of phenotypes.

1 Like

If I wanted to breed a non auto with a auto. Fastest way I know you take femenized auto pollen use it on a non auto female. Take one seed and grow and spray that with cs and another without cs and breed them…offspring would have about 25% of the auto gene.

1 Like

i’d prune that dead matter off, if it were me… :wink:

:scissors: :skull: :herb:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Afghani Lowland

Deep Chunk

Non-reversed Daku Budshot

Newer leaves on the Afghani Lowland are definitely getting narrower. It’s a pretty cool plant. I took some tweezers and plucked some more pollen sacs from the reversed Daku today. Some of the definitely had pollen inside. I’m fairly certain I’ll get some hybrids, though I’m not yet sure about the S1s. I’ll probably try to get the clone into flower as soon as possible. I’d like to pollenate it before the reversed female bites the dust. But if not, I’ll dry out a bunch of pollen sacs and seal them up until it’s ready.

20 Likes

is the deep chunk a polyploid?..

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Looks that way doesn’t it? This is my first time growing it, and specifically the one from this breeder. It’ll be interesting to see if the other 2 DC’s I have also exhibit polyploidy.

7 Likes

Looking good man. Keep it up. Howd the pollen sacs turn out?

2 Likes

Some of the pollen sacs on the reversed female opened a little bit. I saw some pollen come out of 1 or two, and sprinkled them around a bit. I’ll do another round tomorrow and Saturday. After that, I’ll probably dry out a bunch of the pollen sacs and try to preserve them. I’m fairly certain that all of the crosses will be early enough to produce viable seeds. I’m not certain that the other Daku female will have been pollinated in time to produce mature S1 seeds. If I had to do it all over again, I’d keep 1 in veg, and start reversing the other about 2 weeks ahead of it.

I’m going to take my Daku clone and set it up in a small tent as a mother… at least long enough to see the results of this run.

9 Likes

Here’s my surviving Daku clone, about a week and a half in soil. I’ll keep it around as mom for a bit, in my little 2x2 tent.

13 Likes

Daku

Peekaboo, I see a seed in there! I’ll shit my pants if this is cross contamination from my jungle spice tent, but these should all be fems, so it’ll be easy to tell.

This thing is totally done-zo. I’d chop it now, but I want those seeds to be fat and brown. This flower is going long.

18 Likes

Afghani Lowland

This one had the benefit of being started a little later than the rest. It got a lot more Daku pollen than the rest, and seems to be busting out a pretty good number of seeds. It’s a bigger plant, buds are starting to fatten up now. Afghani Lowland x Daku R1’s should be fun.

16 Likes

Black Domina

This is the Black Domina I traded with my Jungle Spice tent for the other Deep Chunk. I really like these plants… hopefully they smoke well. Definitely signs of it taking the Daku pollen as well.

20 Likes