Albannach - Satori Grow

Wow. I’m hoping I’m gonna see results like this in my room soon enough. Have to find some decent stock in my room first. At least I have a few autos while I play with the jezzaberry (I’m just gonna keep making up stupid names for the c99 x romberry x Jesus OG) lol

2 Likes

Keep going and you’ll soon get there bro. I have to say the coco has been a nice surprise, i’m kicking myself now for not trying it sooner. I think you have some good genetics in those autos and they will produce well enough if you give them all the light they can handle from the start. Jezzaberry is a cracker btw :laughing:

2 Likes

The satori are progressing quite well now, although in the pics i took things don’t look that much different. Really need a decent camera.

I have finally achieved proper stealth noise levels with my 3 silent wings PC fans for circulation and the box fan for extraction :thumbsup:

My missis pulled her CBD Kush auto today, took us both 2 hrs to trim the buds but it’s raining here now and we’re not taking the risk with mold so we’re reducing the moisture level quite quickly. I tried to take pics of all that bud hanging in her tent but they turned out too dark.
Some final shots of that resin laden beauty. Big respect to Dinafem seeds, that’s another stunning auto :thumbsup:

10 Likes

Looks good there Mr & Mrs @Albannach , tell your missus that’s a lovely plant and “Thanks for growing” lol …
How long does the Satori take to flower and is it done stretching yet…? Just as well you gave up the 3 rd plant to a pal eh… Anyway a week or so til dry and some more for cure and bingo… Smoking your own again.!
You have a good goodnight bro ,
Gaz

3 Likes

Cheers Gaz! yeh i’m proud of her, she’s getting good at this now eh. The Satori plants stopped the stretch phase about a week or so ago and are budding up heavily now. Resin production is impressive too, shame i cant get decent pics. I’m running a lowish EC now 1.2 - 1.3, i got very mild tip burn when it reached 1.5 so i backed off a little. No real drama so far apart from the size of these things.

btw I hope your on the mend now pal. A

Edit - Mandala state 65 - 70 days flowering time and 23 - 28% THC for Satori :thumbsup:

1 Like

Looking good brother. (And sister) about 3 weeks for a cure. Wonder how long it takes to get to your end on a 125 :rofl: stick an 8 ball to the side lol. Those satori look beastly. Hoping I get something looking at least slightly like yours here ha

1 Like

Cheers bro! your not that far from Glasgow on the west coast line :grinning: Mandala use a lot of land race genetics in their crosses and this one has a high Sativa content so they get big really quickly. It’s an eye opener seeing the vigor that’s missing from those over worked commercial strains. I still seem to have plenty of problems unless i use canna nutes. Always went back to canna terra with compost grows because of it. They say they develop their nutrients to suit the water in Northern Europe but i also use their calmag agent cos the water is so soft here. I don’t use any other additives, I’ve wasted enough money on snake oil. Low EC feeds with loads of runoff and then a mild dose of LITFA usually gets me the healthiest plants :thumbsup:

5 Likes

They always talk about hybrid vigor with crosses but I’m less and less convinced of it. The wilder the better I reckon, nature produces the strongest offspring with tough love.
They look fantastic btw.

2 Likes

Thanks bro! they look even better now, wicked bud and resin production :thumbsup: Too much inbreeding is not good for any species and our favorite plant is no exception eh. Some resin rubbed off on my wrist today when i was feeding them, it doesn’t smell of much straight off when you rub it (yet) but wait a few mins and it smells of lemon. I’ll try to find time tomorrow to take some more pics. These big girls are getting interesting now :grin:

2 Likes

For today’s upgrade i swapped the two HGL-150 drivers for a pair of HGL-185’s. At max now the combined rigs are running at 515w (240V) but the last few degrees of adjustment does nothing except increase the heat. I turned them down to 440w which should still be about 400w after driver losses. Things are happy again temp wise so i took a few pics :sunglasses:

9 Likes

@anon58740919 funny things these drivers eh bro. An HLG-185 shouldn’t max out 5 solstrips going by spec but it does on our mains anyway :laughing:
For 5 strips 10A should be no prob, a 185 is rated at 7.8A (24V). Looks like we could run 6 strips from a 185 then :thumbsup:

4 Likes

You could run 4 strips on a 185. I’m running 5 on a 240 which is 10a (the most a Sonoff will safely take…on paper at least) but if you have 6 to hand then obviously you will have the same output. A better spread and lower sink heat

2 Likes

Your Sonoff is on the mains side though bro so it only sees a couple of amps load at 240V. It’s the 24V DC circuit that runs at high(ish) current :thumbsup:

1 Like

I have 14 strips on a 480w non dim if that makes you feel any better :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You are getting your AC and DC current mixed up again. Yes the 240 puts out up to 10 amps on the DC side (24 volts). But the driver is only pulling 1 amp on the AC side (220 volts). Unless you are running your sonoffs on the DC side, they are only pulling 1 amp of current. If you are running the sonoffs on the DC side, stop. You will ruin your driver hot swapping DC current.

2 Likes

I’m feeling not much at all just now bro lol CBD cookies work quite well :laughing:

3 Likes

A meanwell hlg240h 24b driver says it has an output of 10a

24v x 10a = 240w. Would a Sonoff even work on a DC side. I think some things are getting lost in translation here.

My ammeter always reads 1amp (ish) though you are correct.

3 Likes

We had it all sussed out eh cola then this happened

4 Likes

It’s all working perfectly and is on the DC side. La diva x lowryder top nug brownies doing it’s thing now. Squiggly periphere descending rapid :grin::grin::grin:

Maybe the stardawg doobs doing a bit too :rofl:

3 Likes

Good work all round then bro, however looking at that brownie has sparked off a munchie, i’m fighting it but i know i’ll loose, soon. I have to keep blinking to refocus my eyes but the screen is still blurry. Think sleep should be no prob tonight :smile_cat:

2 Likes