Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

As to letting them veg for another 2 months…I would advise against it unless you have a LOT of space. 2 months veg and 3ish months flower will result in trees. I would pull a couple out, make sure you have rooted clones from them to preserve a phenotype. and compost them…as painful as that is.
Alternatively if you have space in another room, set up another tent and flower them separately, Keeping the pollen out might not be that big a deal if you only have a Q-Tips worth.

5 Likes

Yes I took 2 of the Tahoe big plant and same with 2 of the Jack herer.

4 Likes

Compost what? I already took 1 out, there were 5. Only that one will i continue to veg. The other 4 are already flipped 2 days ago.

2 Likes

How do they look?
Are the leaves up and looking healthy?

Did you plant them right into soil?

Your first grow is going to be a great learning experience with all you have planned.

Pollination on your first grow … :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

How long into flower can you take clones about?

3 Likes

Ah! That is a debatable topic.

If you take clones prior to flipping 12/12 you should have them rooted within 14 days. If you do not have rooted clones this gives you time to take some more clones… Clones that are taken while your plant is flowering are called Monster croppings. You are taking clones and reverting them back to Veg basically. I try to take clones before 3 weeks into flower. I have taken them later and it was successful.

7 Likes

They are filling in the space pretty much on their own now. Seems like it’s auto pilot time

8 Likes

Little different view
Wondering if I should prune some lower branches.

8 Likes

Not a bad idea to prune some, get rid of the suckers, especially the leaves that are covering nice bud sites so they get more light exposure.
They look happy and healthy :+1:

2 Likes

Do I remove any leaves on this bud on this auto? Just to get An idea

3 Likes

Also by suckers, do you mean the smaller colas coming up?

2 Likes

No I would not remove any leaves on that one.
I was mainly referring to the big fan leaves that some times cover young bud sites like highlighted in red below
focus-on-big-fan-leaves-covering-bud-sites

When I say suckers im referring to branches way below canopy that don’t receive light (they are sucking energy. By removing these more energy is put into bud growth)

Since this is your first grow and you are curious about pruning and defoliating do a search and read up. Really its personal preference, some people like to prune some don’t.
Maybe someone who is better at explaining can chime in and help more :joy:

8 Likes

No you’ve been great. I’ve looked into this just getting people’s personal feels. Also seems everyone is mostly split on how or where to prune. Some people like to prune everything some prune nothing. Just trying to tighten up my understanding a little haha.

4 Likes

I’m thinking I have a male. Had a feeling. Does anyone have some great low risk way of getting some pollen of this dude without ruining my whole crop?

3 Likes

Someone mentioned cutting just a branch and keeping it in a vase till it is almost ready to release then putting it in a paper bag.

4 Likes

Hey @Kasper0909 .
Here’s how I do it. It’s a little laborious but you can get the idea and it may spawn ideas of your own to try!(which is awesome):grin::peace_symbol:

9 Likes

I’m thinking I have so much going on with my first grow I’m just gonna ditch the male. Im sure y’all know how sad that is but I don’t want to bite off more than I can chew. I wish there was someone close that wanted to grow this dude out haha. He is very beautiful and has such a thick and hollow stem.

2 Likes

Ok so I think im gonna put him outside and keep him in the pot with the idea that he will re veg and I can make cannabis tea and juice for the summer. Then at the end off the season when he reflowers maybe I’ll be in a position to collect pollen or do more with him.

2 Likes

Curious if he re veges so I can have cannabis juice and tea for the summer.

8 Likes