All things UFC

Hey OG community! Noticed theres no thread for MMA on OG forum so I decided to start one of course there’s an event tonight in Florida so feel free to weigh in with pics comments for this monumental event or any going forward.
I’m a huge fan and 249 is the best card since ufc 100. I’m watching the prelims too. Nothing but potential FOTN bouts start to finish.

I’ll relish that I’ll be able to hear the corners yelling instructions to the fighters without all the crowd noise. Nothing more frustrating than hearing uneducated fan’s boos influent a stand up by the ref etc. and you hear the strikes too. First major sport back up and going post covid 19
:point_up::mask: :+1:
For ufc 249 I’ll lock in the following picks…
Ferguson via dr.stoppage or dec.
Cruz via dec.
Ngannou KO
Cruz via KO
Cowboy via KO
Price Via KO
That’s right everybody going to sleep :ambulance:
Hope to spark some great conversations and banter regarding MMA staying with tonight’s stellar fight card.

4 Likes

Probably Tony has it but Gaethje has a shot even with the shortened training time. Dude is an animal.

I don’t see cowboy winning… Maybe just because I’ve seen him lose his last 2 fights… Badly… Just seems out of his depth, even though he’s a likeable guy.

I’m torn on the main event. I like both those guys.

EDIT: gonna miss this one tonight sadly… Shame too, it’s looking to be a great card.

3 Likes

#1 was so fun :tv: when I was a teenager. heh

also was the most freaky & varied. way better than the new stuff.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

That was back when NO-ONE knew that BJJ was the shit to learn. I was a 3 x National Junior Olympic champion. In Tae Kwon Do.

grew up watching Bruce Lee, Jean Claude Vandamm, Don the dragon Wilson ect…

1 Like

My buddy was offerred his :black_large_square: belt & declined the offer. He’d been training for about 4 years & felt really let down that they were just “giving” it without an exam because he didn’t feel at that grade. The school needed to keep him for business, not for the skill. :unamused: kudos to him though.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Wow it took me 5 yrs to get mine, many, many local tournaments, state championships, National championships. And had to take a 24 hr exam to receive my 1st degree blk belt. After that I quit and got into boxing. Lol

3 Likes

Bryce Mitchell put on a BJJ clinic. Lmao at the 14 minute mark when Rosa said ‘stand up’ . At least he didn’t sucomb to a twister though he was real close a few times.

1 Like

Rooting for Harris in the main event also cheering for …
Barboza
Brown
Vera
Hill

2 Likes

Let’s go TWood this small octagon is shitty

2 Likes

Cheering for Nunes, Garbrandt sterling and sugar Sean

1 Like

Hoping to get back from the in laws n time for the fight card prelims look good too happy Father’s Day to all go Blaydes

2 Likes

Loving this mid week fight night😍
So far it’s was way better than the PPV last Saturday.
Marty fake news man :nigeria: made it a dull 5 round dec.
And FTR there’s no planet :earth_asia: where Volkanovski won 48-47. I scored the first three rounds for Max and the last two for Volko…I smell a trilogy fight.
tonight’s card has been stellar🚀
great Up and comers Khabib 2.0 and other prospects looking good
Cheering for kattar in the main event

2 Likes

Agree Max won that fight in my eyes.

1 Like

Just found this thread. Anyone watching the fights sat???

1 Like

Fight island🏝
Buckley just made KOoty candidate
Good card tonight

1 Like

That kick was fucking awesome!!!

2 Likes

I think Gaethje has the right mindset to take the eagles “0”. Very pumped for tomorrow’s card

1 Like

In trim jail watching the PPV. Cutelaba finally got a proper nap no controversy that time

1 Like

Hoping to catch the main card after ttrick or treating with the kiddies. Hope :brazil:Silva has a better outing than last go with Cannonier :grimacing: Uriah looks like a better fight stylistically.

1 Like

Same. I have to take the little one to a Halloween party. Guess I’ll stream on my phone.

1 Like