Along came a light!

Hey guys. It’s been about 6 years since I’ve grown. I thought I’d document my journey back and thought this is a great place to share my journey. It’s crazy how much has changed since I stopped. Anyways to the good part. I have a 3x3 tent and a mars hydro tsw 2000 led light. For my first run back I have b.o.gs sour boggle and sour strawberry. I started 6 of each with 100% germination.

The babies after a watering. I hadn’t soaked up the water in the pic. I’m running them in a 70/30 coco perlite mix and am going to using canna coco nutes with bio root calimagic and floro plus

39 Likes

Starting back up with bog? Off the hook man! I wanna see this in action. Great choices.

10 Likes

I am along for this one. Nice set up too.

7 Likes

Sweet setup and sweet genetics!

8 Likes

What a way to start. BOG gear. Good luck. Just ordered some sour boggle and want to try that sour strawberry to. I will definitely watch to see how these turn out.

8 Likes

Looks good, I think you’ll like the tsw!

5 Likes

:100: germ rate! Great way to start a grow. :popcorn:

5 Likes

Pulling up a chair and along for the ride!

5 Likes

Sour Boggle is on my must have list!!! Definitely going to watch along!!!

4 Likes

Awesome! Tell me about it, It’s been 12-15 years since I last grew. I also have a 3x3 space for bloom. I just got in on an order of BOG Sour boggle, I’ll be keeping an eye on your progress since I won’t be popping them for at bit.

3 Likes

Back in the fray with BOG gear, eh? Nice :grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks for the love guys. I ran bog in like 2011-2012 and had a pheno that tasted like strawberry milk. I hope to find one similar. Evey since then I been hooked on bogs genetics. I had ordered some others but never got a chance to run them.
Foreigner. I hope too. When a buddy at work was setting up a grow for himself I told him that LEDs weren’t there for flowering but after some research I was proved wrong. I like that their full spectrum and I’m excited to run this light. I notice they give off decent amount of heat. I’m trying to remember how much heat my hps use to give off and I cant quite remember but I know it’s a lot.
Sea monkey. Its seems it’s a lot like riding a bike. I’m sure itll take a bit for me to get back to where I was, but we all gotta start somewhere.
Anyhow. I’ll update this weekend or sometime next week. Not much going on right now

7 Likes

Peace. I too am interested in this as I just sent away for the Sour Strawberry along with the group buy here on OG. Definitely want to see what they do, and also if U have the same Strawberry Terps that I believe @Grohio (could be wrong) said he had. Good growing. Be well…:pray:t6:

Peace

2 Likes

Kicking back the recliner. Nice clean setup, great genetics! I am guessing your future is stanky!

WB to growing.

1 Like

Appreciate it guys!! Hope I can put on a decent show for yall. Anyways, a quick update. I’m at 7 days from sprout and things are going. I notice a little mag deficiency. I’m guessing from the light. Im foliar feeding with some Epsom salt and it seems to be coming around.

I’ll post more pics in the am.

13 Likes

As you can see from the last pic, I’m getting some bend in the leaves. I left some left over feed over night and tested it the next day and it went from 6.0 to 6.5. I’m thinking of getting an air stone to let my feed bubble overnight then adjust ph before I feed to combat the high swing. Anyways. That’s all for now.

12 Likes

Peace @lostinmyhome I had a Mg deficiency with my most recent grow and I read up on using the Epsom salt for foliar. Be sure to do it only 2x a week or every 3 days. That is should it continue to be an issue after the first. Also may be good to get some dolomite in it now so that by the time U have up-potted them they will be more adjusted. Ur doing fine tho. Just some pointers I picked up recently during my recent grow. I use ProMix and extra chunky perlite and MegaCrop for my nutes, fyi. Be well🙏🏿

Peace

4 Likes

I just leave my tap water overnight in a bucket. The pH changes from 7.0 to 7.6. I start from there and that eliminates the swing. No need for an air stone imo

All the best

3 Likes

@7ANJA7OD hey man. Thanks for the info. I had no idea I could only foliar every few days. Its showing improvement, may need another round this weekend. I had read that these full spectrum leds made plants into nute hogs but I had no idea. I had been giving them 5ml/gal of calimagic and they still needed a boost. I dont think dolomite lime will work in my case. I’m running coco perlite 70/30.
@Foreigner your absolutely correct. I do that as well just to dechlorinize my tap water. I try to keep 2-3 gallons of water. I must of grabbed the wrong jug. I measured my leftover nutes from yesterday and the ph didnt swing. I’m going to have to mark them from now on so it dont happen again.

2 Likes

I am day 40 on my first grow also in 70/30 coco/perlite. Around 4 days ago I had the bright idea to drop the cal/mag to 2ml and push a little extra nutes in it’s place. BIG mistake, now I am chasing a cal/mag deficiency!! Won’t ever do that again!

3 Likes