Alright I'll start it

Who’s going out Friday night to see Solo?

Where’s my Star Wars Geeks at?

DOWN IN FRONT!

8 Likes

my last name is force lol…star wars is a bane in my existence lol

but…

probably not going to see it this weekend though. Disney is kinda milking it but the production values are outstanding

edit: Will they finally make it plainly clear that Han didn’t shoot first?

3 Likes

I love star wars as it was part of my childhood, being I’m 45 years old So I was a little kid when star wars came out… I was blown away… I remember waiting in a line that rapped around the theater … And most of my toys were Star wars figures, Boba Fett being one of my favorite… :sunglasses: I hope the Solo film is good… Episode 8 was disappointing how they portrayed Luke… I probably wont see Solo on Friday though as I’ll cheap out and wait till next Tuesday as the theater has $6 shows with $5 drink snack and popcorn!

6 Likes

I havent seen Avengers yet, plus there is Dead Pool II to try to fit in.

It may be a while before I get to Solo…

P.S. I hated both Force Awakens and Last Jedi. Way to many stupid things I could not over look.

2 Likes

gotta say i always preferred the trek :grin: but i might check it out… haven’t been to a movie in forever and an imax never

3 Likes

speaking of the force @LED_Seedz have you ever seen fanboys? great flick about a group of friends plight to break into Skywalker Ranch to steal a cut of phantom menace. pretty sure Kevin Smith wrote and directed it…

4 Likes

I have not. Had not even heard of it TBH.

3 Likes

Nope, going Thursday. :grin:

No offence, but in the 1977 release GREEDO NEVER SHOT. Han kills him in cold blood, it gives the character an arc as he changes.

6 Likes

they should have gone after the SkyWalkerOG cut you know those rich a$$holes are holdin’ out in Nicasio… :wink:

:evergreen_tree: <— local yokel, born 10 minutes from the spot where “420 began”
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wherever they are, each one needs a name.
What are you called?

I am LERNI LAAMI. I am not a Star Wars Geek. Down in front and carry on!
:wink:

3 Likes

Makes my name Henje Rotal

7 Likes
2 Likes

I went to see A New Hope at the movies like 7 times the first two weeks!

And the Empire Strikes Back, it was like twice as many!

May the FROST be with you! (Vader)

My name is Gutlu Camex!

4 Likes

As a big fan of the originals, I’m having a really hard time getting into the new ones. I have 0 interest in seeing any of the spin offs.
If you ask me, it’s cheapening the brand.

Deadpool 2 on the other hand I’m dying to see
(And I don’t normally do the comic book thing)

2 Likes

And resist the temptation to make a billion gazillion with the enthusiasts who buy even the soundtracks thru itunes and all.

When SW first came out in like i think it was '78, it was revolutionary, impressive and the sfx were out of this world, but then again, it was 1978, we didn’t dream of cellular phone, or bluetooth. AMAZING.

Now, 40 years later there have been inummerable movies made about the same, trying to emulate that success of SW, without any success, for real. Maybe Star Trek, which was famous even before SW, but fell to second place after the release. Today, i can produce better sfx with my mobile than this guys did the real movies with. It’s something we are used to, it’s not impressive anymore, we’ve grown used to it.

It always happens.

HppHrvst :robot:

2 Likes

That’s why I stick to documentaries these days.
It’s been so long since something original came out.
All the money and special effects in the world can’t help some stories

1 Like

People just wanna be entertained for a while, no one cares about context anymore. As of today, anything that is a little bit original makes it to the top and becomes not only an instant hit but also a “classic”

Pitty!

1 Like

3 Likes

You Haters stay away, or I will use the Force on yo ass!

This thread ain’t for everyone. Only the Sexy People!

6 Likes

Apparently I’m Chase Giwor
Bringing the mini-me to see it Friday!

2 Likes