Alwaysnoob's stealth indoor grow in the middle of nowhere

Hello all, I have started an indoor grow of Gambian auto regular from @Alaskagrown and decided to make a log for it…
I’m running two Gambian plants and 4 bag seed of sativa landrace. It is not just any bagseed either, it’s the one from the weed that I really liked. I think I’m gonna start calling it the Mars cookies coz that’s where it took me when I first smoked it lol…

Here’s the Gambian being very quick to sprout in just couple of days…

I didn’t take any sprouting pics for the Mars cookies, but they are sturdy as hell and took forever to sprout…

Details of the grow are:-

150w led light with infrared and Uv leds, medium: coco with rice husks, nutes are 3 part fertilizer similar to flora series along with calmag.
(I also happen to be interested in other form of water soluble synthetic direct fertilizers, might run it along with the 3 part system).

English isn’t my first language so pardon me if I say something wrong.
If you see anything wrong with the plants or have any suggestions do tell…

53 Likes

Here are the plants after 6 days…
I think they are doing alright…
The lights are tuned to give the plants 25 DLI with photone app, thanks to @GrouchyOldMan for that knowledge…

Photone app is free and it let’s you measure PAR readings and some…

Unfortunately one of the Mars cookie broke it’s stem due to heavy wind outdoors (that was before moving them indoors), it stayed alive for several days before fading, it’s still in the tent but likely won’t survive…

24 Likes

Nice little grow you have!!

Enjoy the Gambian my friend…

7 Likes

Excited to see you do this, @alwaysnoob ! Congrats on figuring out your indoor setup and finding some seeds on here

4 Likes

Question time…
I have one room dedicated for grow…
Currently running 150 watts LED, more lights to come in a couple of weeks…
I don’t have good quality Mylar reflectors available, can I paint the walls and windows with Matte white paint instead? (I know that the normal white paint will produce hot spots)

6 Likes

I believe gloss white is better for reflection than matte white, But I’ll wait for someone with more experience to comment.
Another option depending on the cost and availability where you are is ‘panda paper’ rolls of plastic that are black on one side and reflective white on the other.

Good start so far! I’ll join in and watch if that’s cool with you

3 Likes

Welcome to my grow diary brother…
I have read somewhere that the gloss white creates hot spot…
I will look into the panda paper brother, thanks for that piece of knowledge…

2 Likes

You are correct about the paint @alwaysnoob . Do you have a fresh air intake and a exhaust out for your room?
Edit: I’m putting your beans in the post today, best of luck!:grin::+1:

4 Likes

I use panda as well.
Even home depot carries it but you have to order it

3 Likes

Thanks brother…

Sort of lol…
I’m currently doing with makeshift fan, the room is ventilated on the top on 3 sides…

It’s 3 feet in length and 3 inches height…

The plant receives constant wind from a portable 17" fan…

It had to suffice until my 6" exhaust arrives…
Carbon filter is gonna be a DIY one, coz I don’t want to deal with customs on that, I’ll make sure to post that project here…

5 Likes

My rooms are painted white Matt : )
Mr sparkle wall papers his in tinfoil

Lots of options
: )

4 Likes

That’s reassuring brother…
My room is painted white on three sides, it’s the floor and the window that’s gonna be the black hole of the lights lol…
Currently I’m worried about the power outage too…

I wouldn’t worry about the floor , and the window ,just board that up and paint board

3 Likes

Right on @alwaysnoob ! Looks like it will work. Best of luck on your grow! I’ll be watching over here!

1 Like

Thanks brother…

1 Like

I’ll do that asap bro, thank you for your suggestions…
Hope you stick around for the journey…

1 Like

What’s up with th power outages , are they regular and for how long ?

1 Like

They seems to be regular for the past several days, 2 hours to 4 hours…
Raised grievance with the relevant department today…
We’ll see what comes out of it in a week or so…

1 Like

On a completely unrelated note, I was thinking I should share the flowering plant in my terrace to keep the guests entertained…

This girl has been to hell and back again…

31 Likes

What strain is that? It’s definitely a sativa.

Oh BTW I hope you don’t mind an old fart hanging around. (lingering that is) lol

9 Likes