Amsterdam Haze Tour (10 years later)

I’ve recently made a trip to Amsterdam, having been there 10 years ago the last time.

Adam Haze Tour

First and foremost, I’d like to send a whole hearted thank you for the advice and guidance provided by friends at this forum and others: MadMac, Karma G, @santero and others.
Without you I would have wasted so much time sifting through all the tourist traps and less than kind bud and couldn’t really attest to provenance.

Thankful for all the help you have provided. :heart:

Now for the actual report:

A5 (De Dampkring)

A classic of Adam.
It is a damp, slightly sour, fermented, decay with mid projection flower. There was a perceived spicy savoryness that reminded me of Thai derived stuff. The buds were meaty though pliable, hefty colas they had in stock, and in really nice shape.
It was the strongest herb I’ve found during my week long trip. I went back and picked a bit more at the end of the trip to attest for it’s strength (you know, after burning through countless bud and building up resistance) and it still felt like a fucking hammer on the head.
It’s a long lasting, fast acting of hybrid feel with heady internal chattery. It stacked like a motherfucker too. It’s a special plant for sure and the whiskey of the ‘sativa’ world.

Their A5 packs similar traits to the one’s I’ve found on the S1 progeny from Karma, although combined in the same bud. As a whole, it was better and more refined than any of my S1, and reminded me more of the Purple Zamal x A5#4 I’ve grown recently, as it has a more fresh and live aroma.
My 100+kg friend (with a remarkable seasoned pocket) couldn’t finish his ks joint, the only instance of this during the whole trip, funny to witness.
The taste was really good (for those who like these types) and felt amazing on the vape (last time I was there I was still rolling and smoking only, the qualities really shine through the mighty)

The budtenders and rest of the staff were nice and the spot is as I remember it. A well taken care of place with a lot of soul.

AG13 (De Dampkring)

A really nice looking flower they had in stock too. Supposedly a cross of A5 with G13 (probably G13Hz or the Airborne/Hawaiian cut, who knows really?).

The buds were more hybrid looking and meaty, the aroma was darker and more earthy but still fresh and classic dutch Haze experience. Kudos to the growers that have been suppling Dampkring, it was well grown kind bud.

I was told by one of the budtenders it was heavier and more potent than the A5, although my body chemistry disagrees.
It felt like a more welcoming and warm version of the A5, sociable and with a earthy palate that lingers altogether with the dutch haze package. It wasn’t as long lasting but way more functional, as you can still interact and you don’t have an uncanny twilight zone feel when engaging with other humans.

RS11 (De Dampkring)

Yes, I’ve spent some days returning to this coffeeshop. ^^’
As a fun of modern American genetics, I was curious to sample this one as I didn’t have the chance during my last Barcelona trip.
The one they had was a soapy lavender dankness with that classic spicy ‘kush’ nose. Has a potent entry though it tames down midway and lasts a while.
Classic lung expanding properties like the ogs, with a perfume dank that breezes through the vape. It wasn’t the cleanest tasting, but still worth noting as a nice bud.
As for effect, it was surprisingly heady ‘kush’ type. Initially your mind gets a bit wrecked but as it goes on you still find your brain racing a bit and traveling through routes it normally doesn’t take. Has the expectable body feel. Not at all what I was expecting from the its background and it was a nice surprise.

Neville’s Haze (420 Cafe)

The aroma had an herbal base with a certain foulness to it, bordering astringent on the nose. Like something you shouldn’t eat.
It was very different to that of A5 and other dutch hazes in that regard.

It had an heady effect, slightly nervous and erratic thought process though I felt the effect wandered off quickly and I couldn’t find any remarkable qualities that I could rave about. (others did too)

Since I hadn’t had the chance to try this one the last time I was there, I suppose I had high expectations, so that might have been it. It wasn’t really love at first sight, though perhaps some more time with it and I’d had a different opinion.
I was meaning to return to sample it again and to give it another couple of opportunities, though time lacked and didn’t really have the chance.

The buds looked super round and conic shaped, with the appearance of being mechanically trimmed (I wonder why decided to do that with such plants?). Strange presentation.

The place has a great atmosphere as usual and the coffee is drinkable, spent some time there. The budtenders were chill but couldn’t give much insight into anything beyond the surface.

(to be continued…)

PS: I’ve posted this same information on another forum I attend, I thought it might be of use to users around here too.

16 Likes

Very cool! Always ALWAYS wanted to do this since about 12 years old! Enjoy my friend and thanks for sharing :pray:t3:

1 Like

Too late now
We all grow better bud here I believe

1 Like

By here you mean in North America or homegrown?

In any case, I can only attest to Haze hybrids, as it was what I was wanting to revisit and know better and what at the same time what I feel is unique about Amsterdam.
It’s somewhat of a time capsule in that extent, if you know the right places you can still procure really good old school ‘dutch Haze’. If you’re into other stuff better look elsewhere I suppose.

From what I was able to see and experience regarding the rest of Dam’s menu, Barcelona’s best spots are several levels above, and are second to none throughout Europe.
For modern North American genetics, Elite/Hype stuff and the extract crowd, you can find there really good cream of the crop.
The market there is really competive and follows those trends tightly, culture is very much alive and dedicated. Amsterdam is way more niche without a doubt.

With that said, the actual genetic diversity in BCN is ridiculous. It’s basically post-GSC genetics reshuffled, even the regular Amnesia of proper grade can be hard to source in most places and forget about anything more haze than that.

There’s also an insurmountable amount of tourist baits and crappy crumble in BCN clubs.
Good luck sifting through that. :sweat_smile:

Great report !! We’ll written .

I meant homegrown .

Only way I’d go to Dam again woukd be with a group of people

1 Like

Thanks brother, still needs a bit of editing for the text not to be so convuluted.
Also adding the remainder of sampled buds that deserve to be included.

Amsterdam still has charm, traveling with friends or with your other half you can enjoy yourself quite a lot. Between the museums, Melkweg, Paradiso, the parks yadyada it’s a great metropole.

The tourists, on the other hand… It’s hard for old Amsterdam to be an oasis in Europe, so mistreated and neglected. As shameful and disrespectful as they come, really thrashy tourism practices.

1 Like

Im sure the ag13 is 88g13 clone crossed straight to haze a. No northern lights in it. Thats what its supposed to be. Im surprised the buds look so bulky, but great to see you had a good time and still found some great haze flowers.

1 Like