An envelope method of sending cuts(unrooted), potentially across the border

I was hoping that leaving one big leaf would be all the moisture it needed. Thanks for reporting back, this really makes my day

11 Likes

What are you doing with the wax? I’m very curious.

4 Likes

He dippin the bottom of stems in it ( 5mm )

: )

12 Likes

Just like @ifish said. I’m just closing off the cut with candle wax

9 Likes

Very interesting. That’s cool.

5 Likes

This is great! Nice work @Jim !

Looking good @ifish ! Those other ones hanging on still?

6 Likes

@Rhino_buddy Your Pink lemonade loves the great outdoors had a plant get ripped apart by a windstorm and was torn in half.Its blowing up to spite its abuse and the happier it gets the less variegation pops out.Rocking plant dude and rocking buds the Biker Romulan likes outside as well and fabric pots boy does she blow up.I think she will do better outside.

16 Likes

@Rhino_buddy

“ dreams can come true “

Rooted , greened up and now growing

The eu thanks you , especially me
: )

21 Likes

That’s awesome! And interesting that the variegation subsides when it’s full on.

Love seeing those grown outdoors! That bud looks killer!

Looks nice and healthy! Nice work @ifish :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

@Jim

Can’t take a pic right now,but they got here today! the stems got a bit squished,most seem to be OK,but one of the gg4 got pretty damaged…cautiously optimistic though! but the wax definitely seems to be the way to go…Thanks again man!

3 Likes

Glad to hear they made it. I can resend if you can’t get one to root. Tag me if you make a journal

4 Likes

Hey @Jim I was a little worried about the weather but they made it here looking almost perfect. One of the Mendo’s stems got a little smushed but the other is stilling great shape. I’m pretty impressed. I saved the cardboard and chopsticks. I cut the ends in water, dipped in Clonex gel, and put in coco soaked with Clonex liquid solution.

Thanks much bud. You rock.

9 Likes

Glad they made it. I think I’m going to start putting sticks down the middle. I did that with @ifish package and his didn’t look smashed at all. Happy growing, tag me if you make a journal

6 Likes

For sure man. Thanks again.

2 Likes

@Jim you are the GOAT! Thanks for showing regular updates.

Definitely would love to try this in the future.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Day 35 on the wax dipped snips
I’m calling this an end to this experiment. I think I can probably still get roots out of 3 of the 4 cuttings, one started to mold. I think that with cool enough weather, that we might be able to get some snips just about anywhere. So far I’ve gotten some to the UK, CO, and NY with the only problem being some smashing, even in 90° heat. I’ve been using the broken sticks method of padding the envelopes, I’m going to start putting a row down the middle to prevent anymore smashing

I’m always willing to trade or give away anything I have, so don’t be shy about PMing me if I have anything you want. I’m probably a week or two away from sending anything out. I’m just waiting for mother plants to grow out a little more. I’ll continue to post updates on any successes or failures. Happy growing OG

25 Likes

By “broken sticks method” you mean breaking them in smaller parts so that the envelope is a bit more flexible?

Congrats for the collective research on this method everyone!

9 Likes

Yes, just like this. I’m going to start putting a row down the middle too

16 Likes

A row in the middle is definitely a great help. I need to post an update about how all the mods have helped out. Waxed ends is going to be icing on the cake though. :metal:t3:

9 Likes

What about some support in the middle?

I know snips will be hosted in that space but somehow on the same zip bag spread the cuttings on both edges, then a stick in the middle so it might help against the rollers and all happening from point A to B.

Also small pieces spread strategically after placing the cuttings?

@Jim thanks for the last update definitely it has been very useful, unfortunately I can’t do experiments myself, (life sucks without being able to grow anything at all)
But if I could or if you have extra snips I would the same but in one of them I would throw some (bóveda like sachets) or even some clay to retain moisture or some super absorbent polymer?, that might push some extra days on them.

Anyhow, 35 days is quite the stretch, well done!

3 Likes