Ancestral Skunk 1 seeds from Reiko

@ReikoX … wish y’all could find a pine tree in this strain somewhere… but that may be long gone… I did find some hope… 79 xmas tree got my fingers crossed.

1 Like

79 xmas isn’t anything like the pine tree bud

It’s a foul afghani I don’t know why they keep calling it that

I’ve been running Ndn’s 79 xmas line for 4-5 years

1 Like

we are trying to find the old time strain “Gainesville Green” … some would come around in the 80’s called Xmas Tree and some would come around that smelled like a Pine Tree…2 different strains call the “Gainesville Green”. There are a few of us here on the hunt for the cut that crossed our minds up when we were several decades younger…

http://www.gainesville.com/article/LK/20130714/News/604152061/GS/

1 Like

yep, used to get the “gainesville green” in the late 80’s in Jacksonville ov course as it is the closest city to gainesville being about 60 miles away… :slight_smile: And a lot of people here would call it Xmas bud since we would get it around that time of year…

2 Likes

So any progress with these guys? Any plants yet or were they a bust?

2 Likes

I have access to it

And crippy

Would only be able to give out hybrids tho and have none ATM

But don’t fret she’s alive and well

1 Like

rumors of the real skunk abound on many sites.

the lemon og cut ive sourced is the strongest skunk ive got going now.

2 Likes

Use tru absorb Gauze Sponges, open air germination, I got 8 up out of 15 that way.
I’ll use hydrogen peroxide or even LABS on old seeds. Usually hydrogen peroxide added to water works great. :dove:

2 Likes

I had 8 open out of 15 seeds in 3 days, 12 hours into day 3 I planted 8 in soil.
Sometimes lighting is a factor to achieving the best germination, some like bright light, others more dark.

You just have to test what works best.
These seeds did better with dim light.
The remaining seeds will be tossed, only the best germination seeds will be selected. I’ll add more pics of the sprouts here as they grow. :dove:

4 Likes

Here’s the plant right now, after growing it this year, I decided to start germination and reseeding ahead of my other projects.

You can see heavy rain in one picture, how it bent the limbs, it handled 24 hours of heavy-duty rain. With seeds it even tested the structure more.

!

13 Likes

Love the pink pistils! Looks robust!

2 Likes

Looks good up close :thinking:
I’ll have a smoke report by next month.
Definitely seeing clouds in the trichomes and full milky filling up. With it seeded it’s adding weeks to the harvest.

I’m definitely on a path to making some cool new strains, I’m glad there’s an outlet like this to document all this for the future to learn from.

1 Like

Looks and sounds exactly like stinky pinky

mm