Ancestral varieties of food, what do you plant?

Hello brother, sorry for the delay, this vegetable is amazing, it looks like what we call cauliflower, would it be a variety?

This one is called porongo, cariri, or gourd. It is a curcubitacea, from the same family as watermelon and pumpkin.

It was and is used to store water, cachaça, musical instrument, berimbal, bird house among others.
In addition to these uses, when cannabis was not banned here in Brazil, smokers used it to make bongs, and it is common to find someone on the street with this. In my profile, there is a photo of one of these smokers.
It can be eaten when it is immature.

hug

6 Likes

Yes, a certain kind of cauliflower…they come in purple too.

7 Likes

What kind of marijuana strains are down there? I sure would love to see some of my homemade strains being grown down there…

1 Like

Dude, did you visit my diary? The sativas I planted were rescued in the regions of northeastern Brazil. Undefined varieties, they are sold around with names like Rosa mango, black hair … I see Flowering and collecting information … I’d be happy to plant your creations here, if that’s what you said …

hug

2 Likes

Homemade Strains Thread

1 Like

Those are so good, we eat them alot here, mostly in soups.

How do you guys like to eat them there @Gugumelo

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

1 Like

Here we prepare sauté:

Cut the spices, onions, garlic, saffron.
Sauté in a skillet with coconut oil, or butter, or good oil.
Put the chopped “catuto” in the pan and sauté everything together with a pinch of salt.

It is…

1 Like

A variety of bananas, we call a fig banana or banana bread …

We eat cooked, and can also be made green banana biomass, excellent for health …

5 Likes

It is not to eat anymore it feeds the soul …

5 Likes

Popcorn …

6 Likes

After a long time, an update…
Some pineapples…

5 Likes

Coffee, from harvest to cup…

Growing is easy, adapted variety, came with the Portuguese for over 500 years… Easier than cannabis…

I’ll post explanatory photos…

First harvest:

Drying:

To peel:

Toast:

Grind:

5 Likes

High in vitamin O

3 Likes

:grinning:

Hey, we do have the same flowers :+1:

3 Likes

Some unnamed species of Rubus. Not quite a Blackcap Raspberry, but close.

6 Likes

I grew this one too:

They are lovely windflowers

5 Likes

wow, just found this thread. it looks like you live quite the life.

2 Likes

@Foreigner , @saxo . Hello guys, very pretty, are they poppies? If yes, we have red here…

How do you consume them?

@Worcestershire_Farms , Cool man, is it a native variety? Do you cultivate them? How does it taste?

@anonymous4289 , Extremely intense my friend, but nature is worth the effort…

It’s great to have you here…

hugs

Show up whenever you want…

Hug

2 Likes

They are poppies yes.

I would never consume them because it is highly illegal to do so. But you can use the seeds for baking and I’ve heard anecdotally that you can collect the resin or make the heads into a tea.

1 Like