And we're off! In search of frost ❄

Hi everyone.

I’m new to the site so thought I’d get a topic started. I have run a variety of systems over the years but never tried coco.

So…

I’m currently running coco with Ionic coco 2 part veg and bloom , canna pk 13/14 and canna ryzotonic, canna cannazyme and hotlink calmag.

It’s a bit of a mixed bunch coz I’m using up what was left…

Anyway here is some vegging beauties.

I have a variety in there currently. 3 pheno of Reserva Privada Kandy Kush, 3 pheno of ReserveaPrivada Strawberry Banana, 2 cuts of TGA Cuvee, 1 TGA Cherrygasm, my favourite DAB and lastly my Swashbuckler male which is from Ocean Grown seeds.

Any comments welcome. I’ll upload some m9re pics of the flower rooms later.

18 Likes

Here is one of the rooms just about to go into flower. I have a home made COB light in this room currently. It is switchable between blue/red and white. (Individually switchable or both at once).

It’s about draws about 450w from the wall. I can’t remember the light readings. My bad.

I have 6 Swashbuckler females from Ocean Grown Seeds. Selected from 8. One was a runt and another was all stretch and no side branching.

I have a gorgeous looking male in the veg room in the bottom right of the first picture which will be doing the pollen dance with the keepers from this run.

11 Likes

Tell us about soil, temps, RH and lighting.

The edges of the leaves are curled a bit upward. Very Flat leaves is indicates healthy growth.

Wondering if there is excessive heat, maybe a little too close to the lights or maybe a slight soil imbalance.

4 Likes

Hi. Thanks for dropping in.
@99PerCent They are in coco. The both rooms need to be finished along with a third room. 33c and the Rh was super low around 20%. So not ideal at all.

They have picked up since I finished plumbing the fans in. I’m in the middle of getting shot of the tents after using them for years so the space is a bit chaotic atm

4 Likes

Glad to swing by and see. You appear to be very close to a great grow.

That’s what we be wantin.

4 Likes

I’m sure trying. Had my fair share of oh shit moments.

4 Likes

I fell in love with the Ionic line of nutes. I think you’re the first I’ve heard outside of myself that’s running them. The pH stability is incredible for hydro, are you having good luck with their coco line as well?

2 Likes

Super low​:cry: that about the highest rh my area gets :sob: I believe your leaves curling is absolutely humidity caused but coupled with lack of proper ventilation for that low of humidity, my leaves don’t curl like that even with <20% rh but I’m outside and I get the best ventilation. . . That’s just my hypothesis on that, purely “grow bro” science and I could be wrong

1 Like

I have had great results since switching to them. They only really need a bit of calmag added to keep the plants really healthy all the way through.

Traditionally I have always used canna but I found that the normal a and b seemed to get weaker so you would have to buy all the extra additives.

2 Likes

The extractor fan is now hooked up so here’s hoping. I have been giving them a light foliar feed with just a touch of superthrive then the curling seems to stop so I would agree with poor ventilation is not helping my humidity situation.

I always have another 6" fan i can put up

1 Like

If the curling stays away with the extractor fan, I would see no need to add more circulation, the curling isn’t a bad thing, in fact it let’s you know your plant is healthy enough to react to such low stimuli, but if you can help your plant be the happiest, she will return the favor​:v::wink: glad I could help

1 Like

I thought I would add a quick pic of the girls that are under the 600w HPS

They have been in flower 4 weeks on Friday. There are 3 stretchy phenos of RP Strawberry Banana at the back, 2 smaller phenos of SB in the middle with a TGA Cherrygasm on the middle right. There is a tiny ESB and some bagseed from 'dam right at the front. Shouldn’t just chucked them but couldn’t.

8 Likes

Where’s mediocrity? Plants look good

2 Likes

@SquirtleSquad It’s still early days yet bud.

Cheers for the vote of confidence

4 Likes

Haha I hear you there man. Sometimes my “short tests” turn into full runs – can’t seem to toss anything once it’s past a week or two. :slight_smile:

Looking good in there, though.

1 Like

Looks like your off to a good enough start pal. Don’t be too self critical btw, it took me years of half hearted effort to become mediocre :laughing:

4 Likes

My grammar is terrible. Need to put the rig down.

I have been hunting for keepers the tall ladies are not my preferred ones. The only ones I chuck without hesitation are the runts.

Thanks for the kind words

2 Likes

Thats always been my problem. Half hearted.

This time is different I have built 2 new flowering rooms and I have a nice veg area. Time to step up

3 Likes

Same here i used to do everything as cheap as possible but that’s changed now and the results are way better.
Hope your effort is well rewarded bro, good luck :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Well I think the Swashbuckler girls have picked up. Seems the extra extraction with the door being finished made them perk right up.

All the girls have been fed canna hydro nutes this week due to I’ll health and docs blah blah. Haven’t managed to get the Ionic nutes.

3 Likes