And we're off! In search of frost ❄

These are my 2 favourite Strawberry Banana pheno. They have both stayed squat and are so frosty.

One has a slight bubblegum and strawberry smell.

The other which is my favourite has some strange sweet fruit hash smell. It’s almost arousing…

7 Likes

These are the 3 that will not being run again. They are far too stretchy and look far to sat dom for myself personally.

I would say this one has the best bud structure.

These 2 are quite unimpressive.

5 Likes

This is the TGA Cherrygasm. It was the only seed to crack from 5. Was a bit runty at first bit has picked right up. The smell is lacking somewhat. But it may improve. The bud structure seems ok.

4 Likes

This is the bagseed from Amsterdam. Smells exactly like something I smoked over there as it came from one of the buds.i never took cuts of this.

No idea what it came from though.

4 Likes

And lastly the tiny bonsai esb mum i flowered off. For no other reason than she has been reset and I haven’t had the pleasure of smoking her for a while.

@Baudelaire Thank you sir for making one of my favourites. She has been present in my life for 10 years now.

5 Likes

Just watered the girls. Had to put a pic of my ESB mum. Just been reset and looking happy.

She is just so damn pretty. Don’t mind me I have some weird relationship with this cut…

100% my desert island smoke.

Anybody else have a favourite they keep close?

4 Likes

Just thought I’d put a couple of group pics up.

This is the Swashbuckler girls after 10 days on 12/12. I’m going to swap the led out and put up the 400w hps in a day or two.

They are on 5ml per litre of Ionic coco grow with 1ml per litre of vitalink calmag.

This is the other room which is a mixed bunch.

6 Likes

Some more pictures of my fav 2 SB.

They both smell fruity but one has a hashy note as well. I would imagine they squish well since they are just caked in resin. The second one is stacking better than the first

7 Likes

I had a look at the Swashbucklers this morning…

I have never been so excited to see balls in my entire life.

3 Likes

There are 2 males now! Now I can continue with some ‘chucking’. I bought these seeds with the though to make a F2 run.

Joining this site has made me want to cross everything I have.

I now have a dilemma though. One of the males looks very similar to GSC and the other I’m assuming looks more like Alien Rift. Who do I continue the F2 line with?

I prefer the structure and smell from the Alien male more. But it seems madness bot to chuck some of the other male pollen as well. Or have I just got the bug now?

Here’s the two males.

3 Likes

Just thought I’d put a few quick pics up.

Sorry about the yellow glow and the bad pictures. My phone is on its way out.

All the girls in this room are 54 days into flower and starting to chunk up now.

The 3 tall Genos at the back will be culled off after this round.

The 2 SB in the centre and centre right are keepers and we be both get another run.

The cherrygasm on the right middle I’m unsure as to keep or not. It has a hashy/plant smell that is ok but not keeper stuff in my opinion. It seems to stack really well and looks like it may have some weight but I’m after special keepers to help with my health.

3 Likes

Much better SB pic

4 Likes

Thought it was time to put some pictures of the torture chamber. The temps got a bit hot on one side this week.

It may have been because someone who will remain nameless vented the new cool good into to the other room…

Well here is the ‘happy’ side. Repping OG on the new hood.

Left side

Right side

The Swashbucklers look happy under the new hood. They are currently on 5ml per litre of Ionic coco bloom and 1ml per litre of Cal/mag. They will get a Pk boost next fed to start the frost. :snowflake:

5 Likes

Now for the ‘Sad’ side.

This side got up to 38 degrees c for 3 night this week. Not happy at all. The cherrygasm has turned into a bag of dicks. Hermed all over the place. I have been picking those stealth bananas off. Fingers crossed.

Group hug!

This is the cherrygasm

The 3 taller SB

These girls have been going 9 weeks should I be ok with the herm?

1 Like

Dig the BlakSvn logo on the hood :+1::seedling:

You almost made me piss myself! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Glad I made you laugh. You think the others will be ok?

1 Like

Day 68…

The cherrygasm aka bag of dicks had to go. Was chucking hem out faster than I could pinch em out. Some really are stealth bananas.

Didn’t want to risk it so here she is.

Feral

Trimmed

It’s a shame really as she looks like another 3 weeks and she would of had some big fat buds.

Some of the sausage party

3 Likes

@ReikoX A friend just said that sometimes a plant hermies when it has finished,is this true? I have never heard of that.

Cheers

1 Like

If a plant is allowed to run well past finish, it may throw out male parts as a desperate measure to make seeds. Soma describes a method called Rodelization that exploits this to make feminized seed. He has since stopped using that method because it encourages late male flowers in the bud.

My suggestion would be to take it early and extract it with butter or olive oil for use in cooking. It’s likely to have seeds that will give it an off taste is used in solvent extracts or rosin. Bubble (Ice Water) Hash is also a good way to go with seedy bud, but not so good when taking a plant early.

4 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up. I appreciate it. I will dry it and decide what to do. Would a tincture be a good way to process it?

It cannot be doing it due to leaving for ages though as there are no amber glands at all. I will probably cull the mum in the veg room.

3 Likes