Anti-viral spray and solution

So I am gathering info for a spray and solution that I hope will help prevent the spread of viruses ect.

This is a work in progress much like my hormone thread.
As I read through my notes I will post what I can when I can.

So far we have

1. Trehalose
  2. Brassinosteroid
  3. Chitosan
  4. Harpin protein
  5. Thiamine(B1)
  6. Salycylic Acid
  7. Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)
  8. Glutamic acid
  9. Glycine

I added GABA because it is known to enhance stress tolerance in plants
GABA induced THCAS gene expression.
As an exogenous additive, GABA improves plant yield and quality through enhancing growth and development.

I added glutamic acid/MSG as it will help with absorption among other things.
(see MSG thread)

I added Glycine because I usually use Glutamate, Glycine and GABA in a weekly spray already.
Glycine is a great organic chelator.
Foliar application of glycine showed stimulating effects on growth.

I have some ideas about where I am going with this formulation but I am happy to hear what everyone thinks.
If you have suggestions that is great.
If you see I have made some mistakes, please point them out.
If you see a better way to get the same or similar results please speak up.

I feel this will be a very useful formula.
I just hope it will help folks fight this awful virus that plagues cannabis right now.
Unfortunately, I think someone may try to make money from this formula.
But I hope not.

Some of us have done some limited research into using these products to prevent the spread of a virus ect. on cannabis.

A special shout out to @tamimes for all his recent finding concerning virus mitigation. :star_struck:

A shout out to omera1 for his real world test, his response is posted below.

i totally forgot that: after a while i can say fore sure this spray from the first post is a killer combo against TMV. never saw the virus again, completly gone and the infected-dwarf plant is now the big boy in the house. and that only after one single application. absolutly amazing. but again i think 0.005ppm will do the job also and reduce the stretch a bit.

Much more research is needed of course.

If you wish to join in on the fun…all input is welcome

9 Likes

Documentaion links ect.

Brassinosteroid
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1046/j.1365-313X.2003.01675.x

Harpin

Chitosan

Trehalose
See link below for more information.

Salycylic Acid

Thiamine(B1)

Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S092666901930161X

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/23311932.2019.1670553

gaba.pdf (110.3 KB)

Auxigro_Wp_ca_Wettable_Powder_(Ed050420)_Label.pdf (177.7 KB)

4 Likes

Reserved for the formula

1 Like

Reserved for whatever…LOL

1 Like

I have used harpin protien. I think it works very well and it can make your plant sensative to gibberellic acid. For whatever reason you might need that. :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting.
I always love to hear real world results. :star_struck:

This is interesting…
So would you expect faster growth/more stretch when you combine the 2?

2 Likes

Ok. Let me tell you a story. About 1986 I was growing a bagseed. It was schwag ( mmmmm schwag ) :wink:, anyway I sprayed it with gibberellic acid and it got bigger. I mean everything got bigger. The stem, The leaves, even the resin glands grew to about a 1/4 inch long. The whole plant got about 12 feet tall. This plant smelled like a skunk had died right next to it. But the quality of the smoke did not get better in any way. It was still schwag. :weary: The harpin just improves the plants health and increases growth a little bit.

3 Likes

I see…
Thank you for the response. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I too have used Harpin for increased growth.
Have you ever used it as an anti-viral?

Btw
Gibberelic acid is considered the male or masculine hormone in cannabis.
So she was probably not frosty cause you took away her feminine side… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Not specificaly as an anti-viral.

1 Like

And that is the beauty of the whole thing.
The spray/solution will more or less promote growth and cannabinoid production the anti-viral properties may be more of a side effect.

The immune reponse thing is quite complicated with the different pathways ect.
Maybe someone better educated than I could explain what is really going on inside the plant.
But this thread will give you a good idea how the immune response thing works.

This is a good one on hormones too…

4 Likes

Why?
There are a lot of good reasons but I got the idea from these companies.

Emerald BioAgriculture works with nature’s gifts to improve life, and to protect, preserve, and increase nature’s bounty. We enhance plant life at a cellular level with specially-formulated bionutrient products that unlock a plant’s full potential. We provide products to help plants more efficiently use available nutrients, products that help plants to extract more nutrients from the soil, improve nutrient absorption and utilization and help protect, preserve and enhance the environment.

Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) & L-Glutamic acid Fact Sheet

Summary
These two active ingredients are used to enhance growth of specified plants, prevent development of powdery mildew on grapes, and suppress certain other plant diseases. L-Glutamic acid is one of the major amino acids naturally found in plant and animal proteins, and GABA helps to maintain normal brain function. Humans and animals normally ingest and metabolize these substances in variable
amounts, and no adverse effects are expected from the amounts that would be used in pesticideproducts.

Description of the Active Ingredient
L-Glutamic acid and gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) are found in virtually all living organisms. In their pure form, they are powders. L-Glutamic acid is one of the major amino acids in plant and animal proteins, and is also involved in many physiologic functions. Both active ingredients act as neurotransmitters in the brain. Humans readily metabolize ingested L-glutamic acid so that concentrations in the body remain constant.
Enzymes in animals and plants convert L-glutamic acid to GABA.

Use Sites, Target Pests, and Application Methods

o Use Sites: Certain fruits and vegetables, tree nuts, peanuts, grains, animal feed
crops, lawn and turfgrasses, and ornamentals.
o Uses: Growth enhancer to increase both yield and quality; Prevents powdery
mildew on grapes, and suppresses certain other crop diseases
o Application Methods: Pesticide products with these active ingredients can be
applied by spraying from the ground or the air, by drenching the soil, or through
certain irrigation systems. To prevent powdery mildew, the pesticide product must
be applied before the disease develops.

Assessing Risks to Human Health
No risks to human health are expected from use of L-glutamic acid and GABA as pesticide active ingredients. Both substances occur naturally in plants and animals. Humans normally ingest large and variable amounts of L-glutamic acid, but rapidly metabolize it so that plasma levels remain constant. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) classifies Lglutamic acid as GRAS (generally recognized as safe for human consumption). Toxicity tests in animals and humans showed no adverse effects from GABA or L-glutamic acid.

Assessing Risks to the Environment
No risks to the environment are expected from use of these active ingredients because
1)they occur naturally and do not persist in the environment,
2) they are not toxic to mammals or other organisms tested, and
3) they are not likely to be toxic to plants, given that they enhance growth of many kinds of plants.

Products with these active ingredients
are not approved for application directly to water or to areas where surface water is present.

Regulatory Information
L-Glutamic acid and GABA were registered (licensed for sale) as growth enhancing pesticidal active ingredients in January1998. In 2001, EPA expanded the tolerance exemptions to include all uses “when applied/used in accordance with good agricultural practices.” The Truth in Labeling Campaign objected to this expansion and EPA denied their Objection in 2004. As of October 2004, there were two registered end use products with these active ingredient

Registrant Contact Information
Gary Libman
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and QA
Emerald BioAgriculture Corporation
145 Windmill Trail
Placitas, NM 87043

gaba.pdf (110.3 KB)

3 Likes

Very cool and very interesting bro. If this pans out I’m soooo in. Its crazy how cautious we have to be with cuts and stuff nowadays, I’d love to be able to just breathe for once doing that stuff

1 Like

You were able to combine that whole list into one spray without any undesirable interactions between them?

1 Like

I have not as of yet.

The science is there.

Be aware this spray/solution is not intended to rid an infected plant of a virus.
These ingredients are intended to work as a preventative and as a virus transmission reducer.
Kinda like a computer anti-virus that works to protect you from a virus.
It should make it harder for your plants to get infected in the first place.
It should also mitigate the symptoms of the virus.
Your plants will grow and bloom healthy.
An infected plant will not dud, and yield and quality should not be affected.

3 Likes

Exactly what I/we need imo, especially those of us trying to hold a stable of clones…. If there’s anything I can help with I’m definitely down

This is awesome, I love this idea

There is a chance and maybe someone will try it…but if you treat the plant for a good while and then take a small cut off the top it may be virus free.

My hope is this will confine the virus mostly to the roots this should allow a virus free cut to be harvested.
This has kinda been done in the past, this is just another step toward getting a clean cut from an infected plant.

3 Likes

Very cool, I’m definitely intrigued

1 Like

In tobacco, BL enhances resistance to the viral pathogen TMV, the bacterial pathogen Pst , and the fungal pathogen Oidium sp.

Damn even this damned fungi. Brassinosteroid look like a nice toy ^^
I’m frustrated to can’t help much, chitosan is the only thing i’ve used in the list and it was for seed’s coating. Thanks for the discover of this compound anyway.

1 Like