Any Football Fans on OG? Who pays for NFL Sunday Ticket? GIVEAWAY

There is a saying in my family that I was weened straight from mama’s milk to NY Giants football. I have a very vivid memory (just kidding) of the NY Giants 1958 Championship game against the Baltimore Colts, a game many proclaim to be the "Greatest Game ever Played. I remember the Giants played a horrible 2nd quarter giving up 14 points while being shut out.

Every year at this time the anticipation starts to build for me. I closely follow free agency to see if Big Blue can improve the team without breaking the bank. The 2023 NFL Draft kicks off tomorrow night with Round 1 and that pick throughout the years has been bitter sweet for me. Some years I’m jumping up and down and other years I’m cussing the entire front office of the Giants. So far I’m in love with the regime that took over last year. They’re rebuilding the team the right way which I think the fans and players both appreciate immensely. I predict the Giants will finish the season with a record of 11-6 IF they’re not decimated with injuries again this year.

3 Likes

And so now what about the NFL Sunday ticket? DirectTV decided they didn’t want to spend in the neighborhood of 2 billion dollars to keep it this year so Google / Youtube picked it up for the next 7 years because, well, Google has that kind of money to play with. I live in the South. I don’t have cable or satellite just an old fashioned TV antenna which gives me Fox, CBS, and NBC and I’ve not been able to pull in ABC.

My understanding is that if you want NFL Sunday Ticket this year you have to go through Youtube at a cost of $349.00 through June 6th or after June 6th it goes up to $449.00 I guess the price went up because of Covid-19??? WTF

I would have considered Sunday Ticket if Apple TV+ had gotten it. But definitely not on YouTube. Their apps tend to frequently break on non-google devices.

2 Likes

I watch the local games but if I want to watch an out of market game I just watch the pirate streams. Too expensive for me to consider and that’s as someone who has youtubetv anyways (you get 5 accounts so I gave my parents and brother logins as well)

2 Likes

I used to have a site I logged in to for free out of market games. It was kind of sketchy but it worked. I lost the log in information and the guy who told me about it had passed away. Last three years I paid a college student to sign up for it, gave me all the info I needed, changed the password, and paid them $50 for their time and trouble. And of course paid the student price for the service. Youtube currently does not have any offers for students or seniors.

1 Like

Yeah, the thing that sucks is that the pirate streaming sites have a bunch of intrusive pop-up/pop-under ads that make them hard to use and you basically need an ad blocker set up to use them. But if you already have that and can handle the ads, it’s worth the $XYZ/year it saves, to me at least.

1 Like

https://v2.sportsurge.net/

Ublock origin is a very good add on for chrome to block many ads.

1 Like

A true fan here of NFL and College ball. Geaux Tigers

1 Like

It will kill me sitting here tomorrow night not being able to watch the NFL Draft cause I don’t have NFL Network or ESPN. But, I’ve dealt with it for the last 7 years or so since I told DirecTV to kiss my butt.

1 Like

So guys, I have a draft day giveaway I’ve been planning that I am going to announce right now.

Post a list here in this thread of who you predict will be the top 10 picks in the order you think they’ll be drafted. If you live in the USA and hit 10 out of 10 correct I’ll send you a flip of 5 Double Grape S1 auto fem seeds and a flip of 5 Cap Junky S1 fem photo seeds.

So we’re clear, just naming the first 10 isn’t enough, you have to name them in the order they’re drafted.

Your lists need to be posted here by 6:00 pm EST tomorrow. After 6:00 pm they don’t count.

And let me say this. If multiple members hit the 10 players in the exact order I will send out the prize to the first three who got it right in chronological order.

EACH ENTRANT CAN EDIT A MAXIMUM OF 3 TIMES.

4 Likes

1.Bryce Young
2.Will Anderson Jr
3. Bijan Robinson
4.Tyree Wilson
5. Jalen Carter
6.Devon Witherspoon
7. CJ Stroud
8.Peter Scoronski
9.Jordan Addison
10. Anthony Richardson

3 Likes

Alright I’ll give it a try:

1. Bryce Young (CAR)
  2. Will Anderson (TEX)
  3. CJ Stroud (TEN via AZ)
  4. Will Levis (IND)
  5. Jalen Carter (SEA)
  6. Anthony Richardson (DET)
  7. Tyree Wilson (LV)
  8. Bijan Robinson (ATL)
  9. Paris Johnson (CHI)
  10. Peter Skoronski (PHI)
3 Likes

Well both of those look like they’ll have 8 of the 10 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I gotta find a way to win this. Maybe Ill call the owners of the teams with the first 10 draft choices. Hmmmmm…… where is my damn lil black book. Maybe Ill just call my bookie.

2 Likes

Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Paris Johnson should make the top 10

3 Likes

I saw that article about the cost for NFL ticket :slightly_frowning_face:, usually I am able to con DIRECT TV out of it for free by calling their promotion department and just being nice as a long time customer! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

JSN is good enough but some of the places he could go are a weird fit (ex. Detroit with Amon-Ra St.Brown or Las Vegas with Hunter Renfrow taking a lot of snaps out of the slot, ATL where they seem to prefer drafting big receivers)

Yup. I missed Paris

I always seem to be lucky as I only watch the best match ups! #HTTR (Wasington Redskins FOREVER) :facepunch:

Nice contest @LoveDaAutos! Count me in though I must think :face_with_monocle: about that one as always the draft is is full of surprises, drama, and twists. One of my friends is having a draft party :tada: