Any one tried Blueberry Muffin from HSO?

Was wondering if anyone has tried this Blueberry? Or a similar blueberry that tasted like hot blueberry muffins straight out the oven on exhale?

4 Likes

The real DJ short I had 20 years Ago the real pre 98 was just like that . But nothing since.

2 Likes

Blueberry Muffin is from Humboldt Seed Company (based out of Humboldt, CA) not HSO (I think based out of Europe somewhere). BM has a good aroma and taste.

2 Likes

Yeah this one is nice and also blueberry cheesecake…both very good

1 Like

They say it smells like freshly baked blueberry muffins, it reminded me of artificial blueberry candy. I’ve worked on them indoors and outdoors, the BM didn’t stretch much .I have some feminized pollen of a Runtz cross I made and I am about to cross it to HSC’s Banana Mango (Mango Trees x Banana OG x Blueberry Muffin) and HSC’s Strawberry Cheesecake which one of the parents is PPD (Purple Panty Dropper), which is also one of the parents of Blueberry Muffin.

1 Like

I have been reading all about the Blueberry Muffin strain trying to make sense of it all. Seems like there are at least 2 different versions of it. I even asked at the dispensary and they had an eighth and a 1g pre-roll of blueberry muffins but said they were different! I decided not to buy either and go back to researching. I do want to try it so I will eventually buy one or both from the dispensary but also very interested in trying to grow it. Can anyone explain the the different strains and their sources? Which cultivar to aim for?

I can find the humbolt seed company one for, $100 for 10 seeds. Most places i find it are sold out. I have never paid much for seeds, mostly free or real cheap on OG. However, people talk this strain up so much I am considering buying some.

4 Likes

I see Holy Angel typing, so I think you’re about to get good info :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

This is kind of a rabbit hole in and of itself…

I haven’t personally heard of Humboldt Seed Company having anything but totally not surprised to hear it now, though its not somewhere I’d look for it either… A portion of DJ Short’s work has blueberry muffin terpenes, specifically the Blue Moonshine, but it is rare to find that. Sunshine Daydream from Bodhi uses the Blue Moonshine and occasionally has some hot blueberry muffin phenos in there.

To be more specific on a blueberry muffin strain itself, the first that comes to mind would be Jordan of the Islands Pure Blueberry(Blueberry Muffin Edition) strain that, according to another member here, has phenos that smell exactly like loran’s blueberry extract as well as blueberry muffins. Riot’s Blue Bonnet would likely be something worth looking at too.

Other than that, as far as I’ve been able to gather, there’s really only been two blueberry strains around. There’s DJ Short’s Blueberry developed from columbian/oaxacan and thai, and then a supposed pre-dj short blueberry with unknown lineage. Any blueberry strains these days come from one of these two lines… I’m sure others here know more than me.

9 Likes

AK Bean Brains Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry has some incredible terps…try it.

9 Likes

I grew out a Blueberry Muffin. Smell was amazing, terps are there, but very airy larfy buds. The high isn’t all that , but like I said the smell and terps are there.
I don’t recall where mine was from.
Honestly I wouldn’t waste my money on it when there’s much better out there. Just my 2 cents…:v::green_heart:

7 Likes

I’m growing it in clone form from a local nursery via one of my local pot shops` its humbolt seeds pheno hunted. We will see come sept.

12 Likes

Ground Up Genes sells packs of the Blueberry Muffin from Humboldt Seed Co. Currently they are on sale and they also sell them by the single seed. I just purchased a couple Blueberry Muffin seeds from them.

Haven’t grown it out personally but I will be popping them on the next run.

3 Likes

I ended up with 3 blueberry muffin named seeds from Humboldt seeds from the ‘Grow your own Garden’ pack.

They advertise this:

So far they are holding up, and will be run outside here in western NY

I’m curious about this strain myself since Humboldt claims it smells like fresh baked blueberry muffins.

10 Likes

Got a pack of f2s of those going to be running them with gogi og f2s for my next run super stoked to see what I will find

3 Likes

You won’t be disappointed :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Look at those beauties!!!

I picked it after killing my plants putting them out early. I chose blueberry muffins cuz they get great reviews but mainly cuz I am staggering harvest times first pull muffins week later Blackberry fire, week later Indiana bubblegum This Years Gonna Be Awesome!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the blueberry muffin clone from Humboldt seed company and there is definitely another one or many out there. The first blueberry muffin clone I was given was a bright green plant with hints of purple towards the end , hardly any smell when flowering till the last week or so then strong blue berry muffin smell , stronger during drying but with a hash flavor when smoked. So much blueberry muffin a non weed smoker who hates the smell said it was please the and pinned it as blueberry. Now the clone I have smells amazing but looks slightly different and smells very strong havoc way into flower. Now I’m growing inside vs out with different nutrients but so far I don’t think the one I had and this cut are the same.
Dark heart nursery sold thousands of seedlings of blueberry muffin last summer threw out California clubs and I’ve heard certain plants of djs called blueberry muffin based on the terps. I’ll have more input when this Buffon clone is finished but from the pics I’ve seen she turns much more purple then the first one I had and already smells more cherry the blueberry so far.
I grew there razzle berry from seed and had several plants that looked and smelled a lot like this muffin clone.

4 Likes

Humboldt seed company is the same people who put out the freakshow beans and clone.

3 Likes

I did some joti, the b.b.m was nice blueberry smell come and go but the blueberry afghan, was like gas and berries but one was indistinguishable from a actual blueberry muffin. I crossed the b.b.m male with the Blue Afghan. mostly done, I been plucking the seeds that are poked out and finished. The actual B.B.M is bigger in a bigger pot talking longer. Plant is acting slightly weird at the finish line hope I can keep it happy another week. seed sacks are fat just not splitting yet. Were ya at?

1 Like