Any original OG members back?

Original member. Had the privileged of learning from Uncle Ben, Erliquin, Marksurfs, Weedzilla, Chimera etc. I took over UB’s thread in the sick plants forum after after he ripped Sportsters guts out 1 too many times and was permanently banned.

OG was the first site to implement karma thanks to ~S~ and that was pretty cool. RC and ~shabang~ had their issues but they did create a great site once.

10 Likes

Welcome back @flick and @Star_Sky

2 Likes

So I just typed “overgrow.com” in my browser on a lark, yet, lo and behold, the address resolves, and Overgrow 2.0. I immediately signed up, so greetings from Colorado! Overgrow was down, but the “closet of mystery” never stopped.
More to follow.

12 Likes

Welcome back @RogerTheShrubber

Still a great place to hang out and a lot of the old members are around :v:

4 Likes

I was just a lurker for a few years, then in 2005 I signed up and became a lurking member lol.
It was a shame it disappeared a few months later, and with it a huge wealth of information.
I continued my “education” on other forums, icmag, riu, GC, etc… Still remember threads popping up on other forums for refugees of OG.

Only discovered it again by chance a couple of weeks ago and registered straight away.
Glad to be back!

12 Likes

WOW, what a trip…I recall all those awesome peeps…in fact I even still have some beans from Marksurf (Rom-P39 I think) I also had the pleasure of chatting directly with Chimera which I thought was an absolute privilege as well as DJ short.

6 Likes

the parts i remember most back then i liked the growroom design thread was inspipred by NewGangaBoy had perpetual growbox that had clone room and mother chamber all had passive intake between the walls and intake and exhaust fan was small and made a pound or two depending on the strain each harvest.

His example nugs I still remember was a strain called Silver Pearl.

My other fave threads I liked were the redland thread were this guy said you dont need fancy stuff to grow a great weed plant and to prove in he put foxfarms soil inside cut off two liter and grew a single plant under a shoplight flouro fixture with single vho bulb and the two liter was propped up with dictionaries or something and the shoplight fixture was leaned vertically over the plant one end touching the ground and one end touching a corner of a wall the trash can was near.

He said the shitty small amount of light was enough to grow one female to dank heights and the center of the vho tube had hella lumens and it was very close to the plant and he trained it until harvesting a single cola coke can sized nug it was amazing I mean he hand watered it and babied it but still, low budget and i’ve seen (sigh grown) weed under hps not as well.

Other threads of mention Mills Pride club was dedicated to a standard cabinet at all walmarts at the time mills pride that had a shelf built in didnt take much to light proof and could handle the heat of a 400 watt hps with a fan.

Was thousands of pages thanks mounties!

And the CFL growers thread just for inventiveness and southern growers alliance because every harvest season there were photos taunting the Sheriff Beaufort Tannin types that are trying to bust them all year. One guy spelled out fuck you slow pigs in dead males and cops took a photo from chopper hahahhaha day late and buck short back to krispe kreme!

12 Likes

Just came back today for the first time since the shut down my OG og name was still smoking in the STL

5 Likes

Hahahahaha we will all come back.

They destroy

we rebuild

all day!

6 Likes

I guess this would actually be the best place to ask does anyone still run or have beans to Romeo and Juliet that jlp gave away all those years ago?

4 Likes

Hey Star_Sky, when I saw Erliqine’s handle, it made me think of The Penguin, his sidekick.
It took me a while to gather up enough nerve to ask (way back then) The Penguin who was working with (maybe) Erliqine on the JackFlashxSuperSkunk strain.
Erl’s table set up was as dialed in as anything I remember seeing.
I told the The Penguin I was a total newbie, but I had slaughtered enough bag seeds, and really wanted to try his gear. He sent me over to Karma Genetics, his usual hangout back then.
Some of my most prized possessions are my SeedsFromTheIgloo empty seed packets he sent to me.
Ozgum’s, Ozghani, JFxSS, and a mix packet!!
A VERY generous amount of seeds, for a small Unicef donation receipt, that I made to them per his request.
Anyway, I never really got to know either of them, but loved reading in their threads.

3 Likes

Good to hear Zuka I still have some from Mark. C99,Dalat, Condy99 a few of others, he is so generous. DJ Short, The Colonel etc. The chat was entertaining, Chimera was in there often.

2 Likes

That is fantastic, Good to see you web!

2 Likes

Welcome back. I’m about an hour north of you lol

3 Likes

Well with the new medical climate in the state maybe we can meet some day…to be able to say that in this state now is still crazy to me

2 Likes

4 Likes

I was a member on OG from 2/2001 until it fell

had the same handle I am using now and that I have used on the boards

that I have been a member of

went to a couple of places Gypsy’s board but end up at PlanetGanja

until that had problems

but I can not wait to do a grow thread

peace and be safe

Dequilo

7 Likes

Hola, long long long time no see! Glad the site is back up. I was a member since 2001 -> bust and pretty much stopped growing after. Would appreciate an oldskool tag. Thx.

7 Likes

Welcome back futhamucka I would imagine a lot of people stopped at Least for a while I know I was sketch for a couple years😅

5 Likes

hey everybody I’m very excited to see the site back up and running again!!! I just stumbled upon the “ MIA” seed hoard sale thread lol that was very entertaining to read from start to finish…I wish I got some of those…
I joined OG in 2001 under the name greenmarine420 I believe it was. I didn’t do much posting because I was pretty young and didn’t know much. I was a true newbie then with little outdoor experience and no way of getting any elite cuts to Canada and mostly grew tga or Dutch passion beans back then. Very happy to see OG back again!! Cheers

12 Likes