Any other fabricators here?

I needed a pull behind the 4 wheeler brush hog. They are 4500 freaking dollars. So, went and bought a 75 dollar riding mower, chopped it up…and viola. A 20hp twin brushhog.

27 Likes

looks like you saved some money!

2 Likes

My gosh… I feel so useless…lol. That is impressive, man!! I can’t even figure out my 49.5 cc scooter…lol.

So what are you gonna do with it?..pull it behind an ATV?

3 Likes

Yes :+1:. It’s going behind the 4 wheeler :grin:

2 Likes

I need to grab a few large rubber wheels on castor’s , and put them on, and make them adjustable yet. But that shouldn’t take too long.

3 Likes

What’s up with your scooter?

It doesn’t work…lol. I have to drain the fuel and oil, clear all lines, get new battery, find keys…lol. I let my neighbours look at it and they got it going…but they buggered the wiring so there’s this one purple wire just dangling inside the leg space…lol.

2 Likes

Ah, I bet a couple hours spent on it by the right person you’d be good to go.

2 Likes

It could make for an interesting “ride-behind” :joy: but not a walk-in-front-of… presuming you’re gonna expose those blades a bit…

you-tube has some crazy shit :wink:

giant tree-smashing things… helicopter-circular-saw rigs :man_facepalming:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Haha…I seen a Dr pull behind commercial, and I was like YES SIR! That’s what we NEED! Look it up, and it starts at almost 4 grand. I was like fuck that…I’ll build one.

5 Likes

Nice
I make these handpans ,hammered and tuned out of a flat sheet of steel

7 Likes

7 Likes

Thanks guys for the kind words. :+1:. I’ll have to get some video of it tearing it up. :rofl::joy:
Those hand pans look terrific! @anon98660487 My wife would go ape shit crazy over one of those.

3 Likes

you weld the handle & he’s got a shield, :shield: so you’re good if she does. :+1:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

So my last 3 major builds over the last few years are the boat, then the boat trailer, and then earlier this year the camper trailer. The camper is 95% finished, still doing some small finishing touches.

Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

This is my biggest project by far. Took a falling down 5000 square foot chicken coop, tearing it down one section at a time and rebuilding it into our house. Today, it’s kitchen build day :+1:

5 Likes

Living room.

5 Likes

@Johnnybsmokin that looks really good! :+1:

4 Likes

I have seen a tweaked neighbor make a pull behind mower by pulling an old axle from something, somehow fashioning a blade to be spun by the pumpkin gears on the axle.
So as it is pulled the tires turn the axle, spinning the gears and therefore turning the blade! Must have either fashioned his own blade or pulled them from an old bush hog mower which there are plenty rotting in pastures of old stalk choppers.
It seemed to work but he had to be moving with some speed lol. You should have seen the tweakfest.
However it seemed like a good idea and could work for something like your application.

4 Likes

Hey @MysteryMoog, thanks mate, I’m pretty happy with how they all turned out. The big problem is finding time to enjoy them.

Cheers Johnny

5 Likes