Any recommendations on microscopes? 🔬

I love this microscope… worth every penny… I can use it both WiFi with my cel phone or tether by USB into my PC… I would like a better frame for it tho, something that holds the camera solid and has a gear drive up and down…but still even without a solid frame its super easy to get clear shots of your trichomes.

6 Likes

My new one arrived today and its almost a really good scope - almost.

Its back in stock now by the way.

My main complaint is the focus wheel adjuster gizmo. It sucks. Actually, it sticks, but its not consistent. One second it turns easily, then its frozen and takes two hands to move it, then it jumps way past where you want it to be. Mean while, the scope has moved all over the place and is no where near where you were looking and trying to focus to begin with. Grrrrrr.

But - if you do get it focused, it takes pretty good pictures. Plus this one allows you to focus at several different distances for super close ups out to macro pics.

The software is just so so with some good traits but not much customization. For example, you have no control over white balance or brightness, color saturation etc. You also cant change where the software saves files or resolution or pretty much anything other than rotation.

It took some fiddling, but I was finally able to get it to work on my phone over wifi. So far, my computer only works when connected with a USB cable. Im still messing with that.

The stand is not horrible, but not really that useful either. Very difficult to adjust and have it hold a position you want it to be in.

Its currently listed at $45 and back in stock. I got this one with no box on discount for $29. Im trying to decide if the discount is worth it to fight the sticky focus wheel. Im going to give it some time and see if it loosens up or not. If not, I will probably return it. I know this will drive me nuts if it stays sticky.

The picture quality is a lot better than the one I have now and is better than any of the three other ones I have tried so far.

![Image_2020-05-11 23_39_48_777|281x500]![Image_2020-05-11 23_45_55_805|281x500]

2 Likes

So I rigged up a crude holder for the new scope and I like it a lot better now. The focus wheel still is a pain, but its actually not that much worse than my old one. I think its loosening up some too, so Im going to keep it for now. I’ll reconsider things when it gets close to the end of my return window.

Here are some quick pics with the new holder.

Glad I did a quick search I was just about to buy the top one

Hi @Meesh
Just got the same one on amazon
It’s a nice toy

It seems easy enough to use if you are not a shaky sucker like I am anytime I am consciously trying to hold still. For the price, I think it’s cool, I can see what I want to on the phone but trying to hold steady an capture it as a pic is my problem

1 Like