Any writers here? Tv, novel, or big screen

guess,i would read it

4 Likes

Americans love a good Irish story ,well all the Irish Americans anyways

2 Likes

i second that, would probably read it too.

2 Likes

hey joshj, do you know speed weed?

1 Like

I have an idea for a movie and I read an article by kevin smith that said when he was starting out he read a text of a movie script to see what it looks like and what it takes to write. Most movie scripts are three acts 150 pages. I tried to do the same thing and couldnā€™t even finish reading I was overwhelmed. Everything has to be considered where the camera is how it pans what sounds are happening its a lot to think about and would take a long time to make a script that was entertaining or even spelled and formatted correctly so I lost momentum. Maybe now is the time to start again. Most of the ideas are either fantasies based on my own life or historical biopics I thought have always needed to be made but thusfar havenā€™t been. I always thought the life of Geronimo would make a very compelling movie.

1 Like

Yeah there is alot going into it. You should really try dictating the script, might help with flow and allow you to get some of the details other than the actual script out there (like action).

1 Like

Who is speed weed?

Well if you have it in a readable format it looks as if you might have some readers here. Be careful though not to put anything out there that you feel could be stolen or that could be construed as criminal evidence. Honestly man as long as those requisites are met, pass it out to people on the board and then try to find a self publisher in Friscoā€¦I know they have some. But theyā€™ll definitely charge you to print a book, but you can also have it notorized in a formal copy to pass around the coffee shop.

2 Likes

I would be interested in a formal copy, but, Iā€™m sure you can understand that for legal reasons I canā€™t take your book to read. Would need it in a formal format that you would feel comfortable with passing out at coffee shops and suchā€¦as much for my protection as yours.

1 Like

This is what you need

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/

Wouldnā€™t it be cool to go along with your custom leather bound $500 edition of your book (or your favorite book) to have a specially selected marijuana clone from the writer?

ā€¦tissue culture would probably work better. :cowboy_hat_face::tada:

Yes! Ring world! I agree tho. Too short.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a movie or tv show I would like to do. :cowboy_hat_face::smiley:

1 Like

I saw on Conan or some interview show the giant fat guy who writes Game of Thrones, he looks like Bruce Valanch. Conan asks him how do you keep the story secret without getting hacked before the book is ready to come out. And he busts out a mid 90s dos laptop and says thatā€™s what he writes on it never connects to the internet it canā€™t and itā€™s never more than arms reach away from his person even when he sleeps. I am at least a third as crazy as that dude maybe I can write something. I will try the dictation idea.

2 Likes

Iā€™d also really like to redo the expanse. After season 3 Iā€™m really not happy with the series.

1 Like

I think the actors, especially that guy who died spatting into the ring gate :wink:, would like to do a redo as well.

4 Likes

You know whatā€™s exciting is ready player one. Iā€™m looking forward to his next movie.

Ernest Cline. Actually, it looks as if the second book in the series was recently released.

this name is in a lot of credits of the series law and order. i noticed that at some point couldnā€™t unsee it. sounds like a pseudonym. maybe you know.