Anybody decarboxylate in a pressure cooker?

depends how long your going to cook it i use the oil straight up if your gonna smoke or cook the oil the decarbing is unnessesary.

a lot of people decarb the oil afterwards . what ever works is my mantra.

I have used a pressure cooker and mason jars for decarbonising, actually I’ve done it twice :slight_smile:
First time was I was nervous and went easy, BIO cooking 109 Celsius 1 hours
Second time I gave it the max at 120 Celsius for an hour
Both times in buds, worked as a charm both times. but the taste and smell is (IMO) better with the BIO then the full heat.
I’ve also decarbed in a sous vie but it took 16 hours before the desired effect came (I made a bunch)

3 Likes

If anyone uses jars with PET seals, I would advise not to use them, as one guy stated:

“The new packaging we were using, had polyethylene seals in the jars… The terpenes were becoming a gas and as solvents were interacting with the polyethylene seals, and forming a by-product, Ethylene Oxide. Ethylene Oxide is extremely harmful and mutagenic at extremely low amounts.”

2 Likes

Hey there interesting story I grabbed an Oz of the northern lights generally I always decarb and use the magical butter machine. This time I had no time and had a pressure cooker to use but I didn’t decarb the weed. I put it on high heat 500ml with the oz of flower in mct oil thinking that I messed up after 2 hrs I stopped it and tried 3 drops I was flawed could have been stronger if I decarb but you can only really do it in a pressure cooker because the pressure and steam like vaping release the flowers thc due to the heat and pressure but always recommend decarb.

I decarb using an Ardent, though I do find it small - 20 grams a go. I’d look at the larger Ardent unit if you need size.

The smell is almost none, much better than the oven.