Anybody else like to fish?

Sight fishing is awesome, but most of the time it’s a video game with sonar haha. I have a little plastic two person mini bass boat powered by a trolling motor, but for my ice fishing, I picked up the garmin panoptix ice pack the first year it was out. I use it in my boat too since it’s portable, but jigging with that wide live action field of view just can’t be compared lol.

4 Likes

Awesome sight bro! Awesome sight. You too, @OleReynard! Especially with that pile of bream. Makes me very homesick. I love seeing the kids learning to enjoy fishing. peace

3 Likes

Holy…20+ years ago…you old fart…lol…jk…but seriously…

3 Likes

Looking down a hole on Mille Lacs

15 Likes

The fish and I both have red eyes. Don’t laugh, he is big for his size.

10 Likes

Rock bass?
We get them the size of dinner plates up here.
I mix them in with the gillys and crappies.

3 Likes

Yes sir. Caught 11 of those little fellas and 3 smallmouth. It was a nice little trip. Broke off a nice smallmouth. Prolly 3-31/2 pounder. Gave me a nice little acrobatic display.

4 Likes

I know all those rivers living in the GTA for about 50 years now . I’m just curious do you eat your catch ? I know there was a time when I wouldn’t eat anything out of those rivers or lake Ontario . Even the gov only recommended small amounts depending on the species of fish . I haven’t really fished in a long time maybe things have changed .

2 Likes

Just came back from the dock had a cigar and IPA but took a while as I got 2 smallies, 2 perch and 2 walleye. The walleye are already in the freezer since I ate walleye last night for supper.
Now I can relax have another beer and :dash:.

7 Likes

Just as soon eat them ringers but nice catch.
We have trouble with worms in our perch.
You can look down their throats and see if they have them and how bad.

4 Likes

Ya there was a time when it was more of an issue here but seem to be ok from the ones I’ve checked.

2 Likes

I found these pictures, they’re about 15 years old now. 1 steelhead and a few browns if i remember correctly.
steelhead-12-greenGlowCleo brown-3-syclops brown-5-6-greenGlowkastmaster brown-5-syclops brown-9-syclops

8 Likes

Big fish! Fat as hell.

6 Likes

@Floyd i do not eat fish myself.Lots of foks i know do and never had any health issues from the trout,salmon or even the walleye,pike and bass you can catch around frenchmans bay.Any contaminates are stored in the belly fat,i always fillet fish and stop above it leaving a little meat just to be safe…

2 Likes

Fishing trip cancelled this weekend bc of weather in the Gulf. Now the business trip the next few days is in jeopardy bc of another hurricane. I havent been on a plane since March and I was flying every week for work practically. Was looking forward to this…

2 Likes

The warning is more for little kiddies and pregnant moms.
Mercury

5 Likes

It’s crazy these mercury warnings for US waters but theres no mention of bad shit in farm raised fish. Especially those cesspools created in SE Asia for various seafood farming operations. Those operations are horrible to the people and wildlife nearby and all the crap they pump those fish up with to get them to market.

I’ll take the fish I catch and forego those warnings all day long. The seafood farming lobby I’m sure wants to keep those warnings in place too.

3 Likes

Actually nowadays the advisory is for everybody. Not just children and pregnant women like it use to be.

As for fish farms it is not just Asia . Here in Canada the fish farm lobby has taken over both our east and west coasts. They are toxic frankenfish that you could not pay me to eat. It is insane the number of fish farms here now. The damage they cause is also insane and the fish farms and the diseases that come with them have been the final nail in our wild salmons coffin.

4 Likes

I get my 2-3 meals a week im happy.
I dont take the larger fish just eaters and they contain less mercury than the big ones.
Just pics with those.

4 Likes

15 Likes