Anybody else like to fish?

Got my first musky last weekend then banged a nice 38incher while trolling on the houseboat!!

22 Likes

Man those houseboats look so fun. I know a few people who rent them yearly and go up the Trent. Sounds like kind of a shitshow with all the newbie boat drivers around though lolā€¦ apparently theyā€™ll rent those monsters to just about anybody

I pretty much only fish bass here for fun because I donā€™t know how to find anything else. Have caught lots of 3-4
lb+ small and largemouth theyā€™re pretty exciting. All these years fishing bass spots Iā€™ve never even seen a pike let alone caught one

8 Likes

Use the rubber scum frogs and you most definitely well.

2 Likes

Ya i thought the same thing before we went, about newbs crashin boats everywhere. But the houseboat only did like 10mph and has built in bumpers all around lol

6 Likes

Trolling with a houseboat never seen that before.
10 mph donā€™t now why it wouldnā€™t work.
Congratulations on your first muskies, Iā€™ve never caught one but my wife has a 38.
Iā€™ve got some humungous northern Pike thou.

4 Likes

That looks fun. I never thought of trying to rent one. I used to go out on my small bass tracker and sleep in it at night in an empty boat house or dock and leave early. Iā€™d love to be able to anchor out in a slough and bbq and fish before sleeping like a king on the water, heh. Nice idea.

3 Likes

Nice Muskellungeā€¦ they are a lot of fun to catchā€¦ We are fortunate in Ontario to have such a diverse fishery, with many species to angle forā€¦

I did the Three Buoys houseboat thing in the early 90s with some friends who went to Fleming, but there was no fishing involvedā€¦ more of an inebriation cruise for everyoneā€¦ We got away with a lot of shit back then that wouldnā€™t be so cool nowadays with the Marine Patrolā€¦lol

Take it easy and ā€œSet the hookā€¦ā€

Peace
DaFozz

2 Likes

Iā€™ve used those lots and the senko type worms. I like to fish weedless because Iā€™m usually in areas with lots of stuff. I guess they just donā€™t like me lol

Oh Iā€™m sure thereā€™s been lots of carnage even at 10mphā€¦ Iā€™m gonna look up some YouTube videos now haha

2 Likes

Is that lake st Clair?

2 Likes

No pigeon lake in the kawarthas.
I fish st clair a lot though and intend to catch a musky from my kayak lol

2 Likes

Good luck with thatā€¦lol

If you hook a nice one you should hit planing speedā€¦:+1:

Peace
DaFozz

p.s. I donā€™t fish waters in my float tube that hold big. toothy crittersā€¦lol

6 Likes

ā€œKEVINNNNN!!!ā€

ā€œWhat do you want me to do?ā€

ā€œI donā€™t knowā€¦ā€

LOL

10 Likes

Nailed it and stuck the landing! Or maybe struck the landing??

6 Likes

Gratzā€¦there is french fry spewed all over my screen now. :fries: :rolling_eyes:

3 Likes

Rub some dirt on it with a used kleenex. It works for me.

Kleenex? Iā€™d have to borrow one of thoseā€¦the shirt tail wonā€™t quite get thereā€¦

1 Like

Gonna head out this weekend for my birthday and do some catfishing, maybe throw a line for some bass as wellā€¦

Was at Walmart last night making tough decisionsā€¦ Mostly what color frog is gonna look best lol

Decent looking little lure with ā€œreal frog actionā€ lol weā€™ll see

12 Likes

Looks like they catch fishermen if nothing else. :wink: Pictures or it didnā€™t happen. Good luck

8 Likes

Stay as natural as you can,erratic retrieve

6 Likes