Anybody else like to fish?

Right ?
It looked good with its frog action lol

1 Like

You got duck weed where you’re at, it looks like a little smaller than a qtr inch in diameter and it’s green.
Normally quagulates in slack water.

1 Like

Tgey work pretty good. Weedless too. Second one is a little snakehead. I had a frog snatch my frog last weekend n dive under with it. Must look real.

11 Likes

Snake heads where are you at?
I hear the bigger ones will attack a person.
Are they fighters on the line?

I’ve heard of some in Illinois but I think that’s the farthest north they come.

1 Like

That’s the only one ive caught so far. It was aggressive with a lot of energy but its pretty small. Its a new pond. Im in baltimore. My neighbor gets huge ones on eastern shore. Theres huge ones in this pond. I just havent really fished it yet. Im kinda in the ghetto so i google map ponds out in the county. This ones unfished n wild. Its burried in about 250ft of sticker bush. Found it on satelite grabbed machetes n went for it.
Found out its a forest conservation area so no building near there. Its seriously like untouched. No trails nothing. Snakeheads supposed to be reported and killed. I killed it. But im not telling on my new fishing hole that be stupid. They chemically kill everything in the pond if you report it.

3 Likes

Things are awesome looking, I can see why people want them in an aquarium but don’t release them into the wild people.

1 Like

Yeah supposedly they have no predator. They kill everything and can get as big as thier container. I plan to rid the pond of some of em. They go on land supposedly. I caught it n kinda knew what it was but didnt believe it til i googled it on the line. The pond is almost lake size. So idk.

1 Like

Yes they can walk on land but they can also survive out of water.
Where these originated at the potholes dry up during drought season so they pack their bags and on a jaunt they go to the next mudtel.

3 Likes

Yeah they get around.

1 Like

Although the northern snakehead can survive up to four days out of the water, overland migration is only possible for juveniles (Courtenay and Williams 2004). The rounded body of the adult northern snakehead is not as conducive to overland migration as observed in more horizontally flattened snakehead species.

https://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/FactSheet.aspx?speciesID=2265

2 Likes

Is it called northern because it’s in the continental U.S. as an invasive.
They’re not native by no means

3 Likes

How was the dosido?
I have dosido #9 f2, I believe that’s what it is, with a plan over winter to crack? It must be worth it?

1 Like

I enjoyed it…not harsh a good strong smoke and good flavor. I’d love to try growing some but have not yet had the pleasure. It was not a hard couch lock though I expect it could be if matured enough.

1 Like

Dispencery goodie #olbranon

1 Like

Damn that snake head lol

Yea get a few in Illinois… Our biggest problem illinois river fishing is the damn silver and bighead carp trying to kill ya in the boat

Oh yea… and the billion perch you catch right after spawn lol

We netted a spoon bill a couple years back running nets and I’d never seen one before … delicious fish though

2 Likes

Used to live on the Rock also

Lived in a little river town when I was growing up still a youngen on the Mississippi, NW Illinois

Sheepshead I take it

1 Like

Oh hell no, those scary things lol

Paddlefish they’re called

Hard to catch on a pole here but can be done…looking at this internet pic, seems they snagged that one in the tail…

4 Likes

That’s a big one never went snagging before

1 Like