Anybody else like to fish?

No, I waited too long… about 8 hours…heh. I should have made my picks and figured it out later. I didn’t want to reserve something I couldn’t pay for. But, I was on my way out of town to work so I should have picked some, seeing as how I knew I’d have cash when I got back.

I have a couple of friends who run a lot of his stuff, so, I can grab some f2s sometime I suppose. I have a friend with a pack of the Cherry Vanilla Cookies. I’ll get a cut of that when he pops them.

1 Like

Great week up by North Bay, Ontario w good friends.

Uploading…

20 Likes

The boy comes up first week of Sept for a couple of weeks.
New trolling motor is finally in operating order.
New mother board, new foot control and new remote.
Been messing with this since June.

4 Likes

You can send that fat Walleye my way. My address is…

Awesome. It looks like it was a great trip.

3 Likes

Like them northerns better myself

2 Likes

Man that looks fun, huge musky (pike?) there and some HOG bass lol. Been too long since I’ve had a nice trip up north like that!

1 Like

No walleye in those pics, just pike and bass. We ate walleye one nightbut forgot to get a pic

3 Likes

Pike ya, was my new PB. 34.75” and about 12-15lbs.

6 Likes

I’ve got a 47 that went 16 in the dead of summer, she didn’t have the feed bag on yet or she would’ve topped 30+

3 Likes

Ok, I thought it was too short and fat but the cloudy eye got me and the color. But, I’m from the South originally and not an expert on the northern fish so much. I’ve been catching small ones here. I want to go out one night on the kayak and try for them. I tried one night but the wind came up and the clouds covered the full moon.

It’s supposed to be nice weather this week and a full moon coming up. It might be fun to try.

2 Likes

Northerns start about noon when they sun is high.
I normally start hunting pike late morning upto sunset.
Frogs in the duckweed and slop, black Reedrunners the rest of the time.

3 Likes

This bad boy is a pike slayer to the max.
Last yr i caught 142 pike in one day on the undressed version.
Chatterbaits can be killer as well or the classic red n white daredevle or firetiger colour spoons.

6 Likes

Never had any luck with spoons, nobody else has these old style Reedrunners made by Northland they got redisigned by the so called pros .
I ended up buying what Northland had left at a very nice price.
50 cents each on 600 lures.
Needless to say I ended up with the deal of the century.
The new Reedrunners aren’t worth a crap. Lol

4 Likes

Bottom bouncers and worm harness work great if your trolling the open water around islands and shoals for them. A few years ago my buddy and I got into a 52” musky in the upper French area. :v:

4 Likes

Im hoping to get out on Lake St Clair a couple more times here and bag a musky from the kayak. St clair is an absolute musky factory its crazy

3 Likes

Throwing the chicken aye

3 Likes

Damn that’s a big fish. I see you use that spinner type bait, do you use steel leaders for pike?

I’ve never caught one in years of fishing bass waters that should be loaded with them. Once on my little boat I casted right next to a dock. Something hit my bait HARD, went straight down like 20 ft and then was gone, line was bit clean off. I assume that was a pike haha, closest I’ve come!

1 Like

My babies 1st striper

12 Likes

Nice fish. Hooray for the first striper catch.

2 Likes

Caught my new PB 20inch large mouth today. Measured it then put it back in net to chill. Pulled it back out to take pic and it flopped out of the kayak on me lol
Oh well, was an awesome fight

8 Likes