Anybody know what’s up with Sannie?

Sannie’s seed shop has been down for several weeks now. His Instagram account is gone, too. Anyone have any idea what happened? I hope he didn’t croak. I figure if he was giving up the game he would have had a huge fire sale on the website, and if he was upgrading the site you’d figure it wouldn’t be down this long.

7 Likes

People go on vacation you know. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I hope he’s on vacay with Shoe, Headie Gardens is closed too for a little while

3 Likes

I first started buying his souvineers around 2008 or so, after I joined his forums.
Everything offered back then, I got, was fire! Some great work, came from them.
However over the years, some of the strains started slipping, not to bad quality, but muddied if you will. Like they lost luster, they once had cranked out.
I think the guy had so many irons in the fire, websites, grow product lines, breeding, after so long, it becomes less fun. IDK, maybe something like that. I absolutely admire all he did, but my, bean buys there, are no more for me.

10 Likes

What really fooked up is the place was hacked

And not one moderator or sannie
Bothered to post a warning .
I had to do it lol
Top knotch
Lol

3 Likes

What do you mean hacked?
I got on there q few months back and my phone said it was unsafe site.
I proceeded anyway,within a week my credit card info was stolen!

Hacked
That’s what San told me
Im sorry they ripped you off
Again
If the owner had gave a shit and posted the info to protect folks
This may not have happened
But then it would take a good person
To care, imo.
Something

Warning dear customers bls bla happened, site not safe
Do not use cards
Something…
But it was a low grade operation
From the start so no need to expect
Any kind of professional decency.
The money was all it was EVER about

5 Likes

I thought I remembered reading in the news, they can’t make seeds or sell them in the Netherlands.

Some kind of crackdown on cannabis, I dunno know.

2 Likes

It’s all Spain now

2 Likes

Sannie’s Shop and opengrow were nothing but good memories for me. Great genetics and unique freebies, a community of decent people, it was a lot of good years.

14 Likes

I feel you @Gimme5minutes :100:
Cash in the mail… awesome genetics and straight discussion with the breeders and other growers on opengrow

I had that “Strawberry Blues” from NAW
“Soliloqueen”: a take on space queen
“Jackberry”…just to name a few memories

10 Likes

Soliloqueen, wow that takes me back. The joy of Killingfields, Shiva Haze, all the old Dynasty gear, Fusion Seeds not to mention the freebies growers would send in. It really was awful when it all fell apart, glad I found OG.

8 Likes

EXACTLY…and like you said the choice of freebies was ridiculous!
Funny…I was going to mention Killing Fields…and yeah, the old dynasty gear was awesome

3 Likes

Yeah, I got some Blueberry Sativa in the freezer along with Herijuana some Anesthesia that was my favorite.
Coffee smells.
I got some Ladycane and Killing Fields
Chocolate Rain,Chuckys Bride and Carmel Candy kush . Wow I need to pull some of those out. 12 years in the freezer for some of those I believe.

10 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Just found this thread… I’ve got some of Sannie and Eskobar’s gear sitting in the fridge, and will start documenting preservation runs soon. That stuff was special and deserves to be shared, not lost :wink:

19 Likes

Yes …keep us/me updated
I LOVED the breeders and genetics Sannie would work with. N.A.W. seeds had that Strawberry Blues (double strawberry diesel x G13 x and a hash plant) here it is

NAW seeds “Strawberry Blues” ( Blue Hammer #2 x Polar Bear #3 ) that was probably a green manilishi

3 Likes

I thought they didn’t take credit cards…

1 Like

They don’t, I was visiting the site when it told me site is not safe. I proceeded anyway.
A few days later ,my card wad copied and used.

I take it “unsafe to use” means information could be stolen by crooks . Credit card numbers etc.
That was the forum not his store.

1 Like

I was super bummed out when I first saw the Store Closed post on Sannie’s site. The first beans I ever bought were from Sannie, and Sannie genetics are bred into a couple of crosses from my garden. I still have a few of his things in my collection. I found out his shop is closed when I was going to replace some Sannie’s Jack that I shared to someone on here.

6 Likes