Anyone else having trouble popping CBD heavy strains?

I’ve popped 3 CBD 1-CA Ratio 1:20 from HomeGrown Cannabis Co. and only had one pop and its puny. 1st time trying anything CBD strains. Popped them about 2 week ago and dug the other two up to see what’s going on. One was dark black and turned to mush in between my fingers. The other looked fine so I cracked it’s shell a bit and popped it again 2 days ago. I
have many more but am trying to grow only two since I have a 6 plant limit in my state. I’m certainly open to any advice you guys. I have a lot to learn.

3 Likes

Mmmmmmmm pie :yum:

@HumblePie420 I have a few sebring’s revenge that’s 1:1 cbd:thc that I could send you if you would like? They’re fems.

3 Likes

@Kcity87 That would be great! I’ll send you some of these CBD I just tried. Maybe you’ll have better results?

2 Likes

@HumblePie420 sent you a dm

Did you get it sorted out? Oddly enough I’ve found high CBD strains to be brutes from seedling to veg. Soak the beans for 24 hours in rain water, then use the paper towel method on plates until that tap root is well out of the shell, then into a peat plug. Handle watering like a champ, blow out bushy, thick stalked, Jurassic shrubs by the time I flip. I made a couple of my own crosses because I love the BaOx strain but it’s a legal hemp flower, barely any THC so it does dick nothin for my arthritis pain, but a sledge hammer for anxiety. I reversed a Northern lights and dusted one down. Gave it a real nice bump in potency and killer Terps.

3 Likes

I’m still trying. I got 4 to pop up but leafhoppers killed them off as seedlings. I’ve got another one going. I planted it 5 days ago but still hasn’t broke the soil surface. I honestly haven’t tried the paper towel method.

I have been putting mine in a glass of water with a little Hydrogen Peroxide added. I like it better than the paper towel method.

@Cannacryptic welcome to the party. I never heard of the BaOx strain, sounds like something my niece should have for her anxiety.

2 Likes

Let them send you free seeds since you over pay there for typical strains there it only costs them a few cents each anyway.

2 Likes

Indeed, hemp seeds are super cheap, usually have to buy 100-1000 for a good price though. I usually collect some when I buy a pound to press rosin from. Their are a lot of good hemp strains out there now and coming out, that actually have some good terps to them. Would love to find some seeds of them or the gassy hemp strains.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah BaOx is a fantastic strain, funky and sweet, it’s a Hindu KushxOtto2 crossed with a High CBD breeder if I remember correctly. ALOT of the legal Hemp flower strains that ate smokeable (with some pleasure and flavor) can trace their Lineage back to BaOx. The breeder did the industry a big solid by not hoarding it. WNC CBD has a real nice pheno, Queen Hemp has probably the best, but pricey. ARETE is selling Queen’s under the name Grumpy Gorilla for more purchase size options. And I just saw seed packs the other day but can’t remember which bank, I need to find that cause they had a couple other ones I was looking for. I tried just Hemp flower for the past year or so, and there’s some real nice strains as of late, but I need some THC in the mix I think. I’m starting to breed my favorite Hemp flowers with a high THC strain to see what I get, as well as ordering packs of 1:1’s

1 Like

Diesel Hemp has fuel pumps in their greenhouses, for real! Their Abacus Diesel is the standard by which the rest are measured, and they crossed it with Ethos Inzane and made it even stronger. People have legit added it to their THC buds to bump the gas and flavor in cones and bowls.

1 Like

I still have a sample or 2 from them that I kept around just to smell, did not even smoke any lol.

1 Like

Would be pretty epic to get some. I would love to get my hands on a number of hemp strains like the Abacus Diesel and some of last years sour and others. Ill just have to find one of them hemp heads from THS that bought it all and see if they have a collection of seeds they want to trade heh.

1 Like

I have a 1:1 Blurgaberry CBD from Just A Handful Seeds. It is a decent enough plant, would have had two large outdoor plants harvested but they got pollinated with some ditchweed and smoking it gave me a headache.

2 Likes

Have a look at Dutch Passions Charlottes Angel. The seeds are more expensive than Dutch Passions normal seeds but the yield makes it worth it. She was an ugly looking plant that I ended up burning with fire :rofl:
18ccf6444550ccb78fbe62ad124b52fb38dde68b_2_375x500
@Meesh also grew one outdoors. She thought it was an auto at first until I corrected her. I’m sure it ended up a total beast :v:

3 Likes

Please try them in 1 cup water with one dissolved aspirin for 18 hrs, then set into piece of aloe, deep into meat. Let sit until visibly swollen bottom or tail pops, drop with aloe into dirt of yours.

aloe6 aloe7 seed1 seed2
Let me know how it works on hemp if you choose it as an experiment.

4 Likes

Interesting indeed. Wish I had some aloe plants heh. Could use them for all sorts of things.

2 Likes

I’ll ship you some, stick em in dirt anywhere in the world.
Most of the clone gels and products have it in them.

2 Likes

Ooh? That could be interesting. They can get over watered very easy because they want drier dirt correct? Only reason I had not pursued it in the past. My wife had an aloe plant given to her once and she killed it from some watering’s or something lol. Would be cool to grow them in the corners of my living soil bed if possible, but I need to keep that thing on the damp side so not sure if that would work well or not.

2 Likes