Anyone ever send pollen

I dont know if this is a strange question or not, but does anyone here ever send pollen to anyone for free. I need some pollen or I need to try my luck at Colloidal Silver. If I get some pollen I wont need silver. Im planning on doing a Girl Scout cookies here soon I could send some seeds back if I get pollen.

Thanks

3 Likes

Kinda of confused by the question? Do you have females that are ready now for breeding? If you run regular seeds there are good chances you’ll end up with a few males and you can just use them. Are you wanting to pollinate femmed seeds?

I am making plans for the future. I plan on getting some GSC here soon and I want to clone and pollinate them to get seeds, but I am buying feminized seeds and will use silver on them to create fem seeds of the GSC. If I could just get some pollen I wont even mess with the silver. I dont really care where the pollen comes from I just need some to make seeds. I am new to this so im still learning.

I just asked for pollen myself in one of these threads and apparently giving seeds back in trade seems like the viable currency. I do have GSC in flower, in veg, and new clone. So if I receive the pollen b4 you I’ll help anyone with seeds. I grow mainly for myself and a few friends so I’ll be keeping all my plants offspring. Sorry not trying to step on any toes. I’m also not real particular about which strain to cross with, the way I look at it is it can’t be that bad no matter what

And just so u know. I found 1 seed in my personal GSC and just got lucky. I grew tired of my durban\diesel cross and got lazy so have just revamped the grow room about 4months ago. But I’m thinking finding this site may cure my boredom of just 1 strain

No problem you were here first. I would take some seeds though lol. Well if I dont get any in about a month I will make my own with silver, if I can get the silver to work ive never done it before.Ill be doing GSC with GSC unless my plans change.

1 Like

Do you not clone? Seems like you could keep your GSC on hand for when the time comes and you get blessed with some pollen. I myself have kept a mother plant for at least 8months. I usually get new mothers every 2 grows

2 Likes

My plan is to clone but I have never done it before so it will be new for me. I currently have some autos cooking but I wanna try photos. Got some OG Haze thats about to flower GSC is next.

2 Likes

@Agnam the whole breeding thing for me is a little fuzzy so is it that your trying to make all future seeds female then ? I was thinking if so then you might need to go the STS route otherwise if you just use normal pollen you’ll only get maybe 25% female … others here with more knowledge will set ya down the right path wish I knew more one it comes to specific breeding endeavors! Glad to have ya here and good luck with your future grow!

OK my original plan is to have a Fem GSC. Clone it spray one of the clones with silver and then use one of the other clones and pollinate it. So pollinate 1 clone with another and that will give me all fem seeds. I had not thought about what would happen if someone sent me norm pollen but yes your right then my seeds wont be 100 percent fem but I will take my chances if someone send me some. I can always go to my original plan later. Is the STS route better than the collidal silver? I was looking at STS and it looks more complicated then colloidal so I chose to use colloidal.

Cloning is simple (well you know what I mean) I’ve even heard of ppl just putting a stem in water and getting roots. I’ve never tried that but my first time I bought that cheap powder rooting hormone from the local tyrantt overpriced store that sells cheap shit. Went. Home took 3 cuttings. I think it
Took awhile I thought they had died but nope all 3 rooted and I never looked back. If I were you I’d research cloning it’s easier than you think

2 Likes

Yes I have a clonign station ready but I also want to have seeds for the futurre. Seeds are so expensive and if I had good quality seeds I could trade them to people here and get different strains so I could solve a few of my problems. Good quality GSC Fem seeds are alwasy good to have around. I might even be able to get some extra feminized pollen to trade. If you do it right the pollen will make all fem seeds.

Great thread about keeping mums

3 Likes

I have on multiple occasions (including currently) put cuttings straight into water and been successful with clones. Takes a little longer but works.

3 Likes

How big are your clones when you do that?

Really!!! Good to know, I also didn’t know you could keep them for weeks if they are refrigerated, I just recently read

:wave: Yes. :grin:

and we’ll see what @Hashtree does with it… maybe snort half of it…

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Busted! I haven’t slept sense the mail got here from @cannabissequoia😀
I’d be happy to share some pollen @Agnam. A little goes a long way.
Sour lifesaver x Girltime

2 Likes

@Agnam I ve had success from small side shoots to tops I’ve taken

Yeah I’ve had cuttings wrapped in wet paper towels in the fridge for a couple weeks (unrooted) just changed out the paper towels every once in a while

@Hashtree You have some pollen to send?

1 Like