Anyone have Clue?

Buddy of mine sent me some photos of his outdoor grow. Said it started on a few plants two days ago and has spread to all of them since. Central NY area. Just started getting rainy and cold. No other info. Any help is much appreciated.

4 Likes

looks like a bomb went off sorry :peace_symbol:

1 Like

True dat bro! Not my grow

1 Like

looks like a combination of several things

The necrotic parts look like a long standing deficiency. The spots look like a bug or virus. Maybe a mold of some sorts. I don’t grow outside so my knowledge is limited. Thanks for commenting

1 Like

I wouldn’t even bother just cull or forget about it. RIP to grow another season. Next season pick clones or plants with a proven track record in Outdoor central NY and concentrate on addressing problems sooner with consistent regular gardening practices i.e foliar feeding for pest and foliage removal. :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I said the same but it will be there whole grow. Like 30 plants.

1 Like

wow sending good vibes towards central NY :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Thank you sir. He appreciates the help.

1 Like

Whatever it is it’s moving fast.

1 Like

Ya I would be surprised if the flowers even continue blooming with that aggression

2 Likes

They still look they’ve got a ways to go yet too. I really don’t know what it is.

1 Like

We are at a loss. He says he has two grows about a hundred yards from each other and the other grow is starting to get the same shit on the arms of a few plants.

2 Likes

Could it be root rot?

That would explain the sudden death at least…

2 Likes

wrong strain for the outdoor area

2 Likes

Looks a little like leaf septoria. Aree they under old trees?

4 Likes

Any OTHER growing in the general area, like Vegetable Farming? May very well be Blight Spores, readily spread by the Wind. If it IS the Blight, cull, bag, and discard. DO NOT COMPOST!! Spores can remain in the soil for several growing seasons. Hope it is not, stay vigilant, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you guys. He thought Of the septoria.

“ Yea dude I fear it’s the area, cause even when we bring in soil, last year in bags too, same thing ”

2 Likes

I would go for mould, plants are too close, humidity and stagnant air can provoke that, those gray tones are significant, sorry for the disaster… :disappointed:

3 Likes

Looks like mold

2 Likes