Anyone know where to find authentic Chocolate Thai seeds or cuts?

I just stumbled upon this treasure trove of insight and community. I have grown and bred seeds for friends and family for a few years now. In that time I am dismayed to find my favorite genetics are no longer available to grow or smoke; let alone all the knockoffs and fems. Does anyone know where to find the real McCoy when it comes to choco thai? Nothing would bring me more pleasure in this world than getting to grow one of my childhood favorites.

Thank you for your time

-Lazy

11 Likes

Hazeman should have a legit Chocolate Thai, that’s the most recent reproduction I’m aware of.

5 Likes

Welcome @LazyLight! You’re right - you just stumbled into a gold mine! Just wait until you get to do a little digging in around here! :rofl:

Re; Choco Thai. Not sure if you’re looking for a particular strain of that name, or using the name as a descriptor? Either way, you’d probably be very interested in having a look at this website; https://www.zomiacannabisco.com/ If you look at their landrace info you’ll find a wealth of info as to what the possibilities are for that strain you remember! Pretty sure I know the one you mean, if it was back in the 1970’s.

Interestingly, the other night as I broke-up a hand-carried bud of Durban Poison (Durban-grown, not some far away breeder) I was shocked to get hit with almost that exact same thick, fermented, aloholicy chocolatey flavor! (the high was great too!) :joy:

No doubt, you’ll get feedback from others here with their suggestions before long. Enjoy exploring the site…It takes a bit of time for all the features to become ‘available’ to you as you build your trust level here, so if something (like messaging) doesn’t work yet, just keep on exploring!
:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Welcome @LazyLightnin. This place is pretty amazing. Happy hunting!

Snowhigh has Chocolate Thai seeds available.

7 Likes

https://swamiseed.org/product/chocolate-thai-x-chocolate-thai/

Swami has a reputation for being slow and non-responsive. I placed two Swami orders, the first was for the MauiWowie Cherry bomb, which were great. IIRC, that took a month to receive. I placed another order last winter (through an intermediary) and it took over two months to get the seeds.
If i were buying a landrace from him, i would buy multiple packs as you’ll probably have herms and hay with gold mixed in. Just my two cents.

1 Like

Authentic chocolate thai is gone.

I know a few people have old seeds, they are waiting for a tissue culture germination method to bring it back.

9 Likes

Try Blimburn Seeds!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I have a good amount of Drawoh’s chocolate Thai and IMO I think it’s gonna be the best version of Chocolate Thai but I may be wrong but I welcome u to the OG Community @LazyLightnin

10 Likes

AK BEAN BRAINS has a Chocolate Thai.

7 Likes

AK Bean Brains did a seed increase from heirloom Chocolate Thai seeds he received from Ozark Nation.

The Nature Farm showed a grow of those same Ozark Nation heirloom seeds back in 2019. From all info I can find, these are supposed to be different than both the Dutch Flowers repro and Drawoh’s Chocolate Thai. Conclusion was ultimately that those were legit Chocolate Thais with genetically dark purple stems/leaves and purple buds from the start. According to The Nature Farm’s comments, they are very much like the SC Chocolate Thai from back in the day.

As with anything on the internet, take this with a grain of salt.

6 Likes

Growing it, and smoking it is the only way to know for sure. The cob-like fermentation process added to the chocolate flavor. Many people seeking off-the-stem chocolate flavor(which does exist), yet making cobs from the various seeds sources will help to dial in the desired result. The decarboxylation of the fermentation process will enhance the potency as well. Further testing is required. :corn: :microscope: :flying_saucer:

3 Likes

I am currently aware of 4 recent sources of pure Chocolate Thai.

3 of the 4 source it from an old member of the original OverGrow site named Drawoh.

1. Snowhigh seeds
  2. Hazeman seeds
  3. Dirty Bird Trading Co.

I have all 3 and they are pictured below.
All 3 of the above named breeders/companies links their Chocolate Thai from Drawoh’s original line.

The 4th source is
4. AK Beanbrains

AKBB’s Chocolate Thai doesn’t seem to be related to Drawoh’s line.

Unfortunately none of these breeders have anymore Chocolate Thai in stock.

If anyone has anymore information please share.

13 Likes

Did you end up growing any out of your chocolate thai?

https://cltvrs.com/product/chocolate-thai/

Exotic Alchemy Chocolate Thai. On sale. I ordered mine from here, no issues. Quick response to emails.

3 Likes

Do you know where they sourced the parent stock from to make their seeds?
I didnt see any parentage on their description.

1 Like

Well. I got a strain about 10 years ago called simply “Chocolate” from breeders called Cannacopia in Canada…it was Chocolate Trip x deep chunk F1. Killer weed, huge buds. Most of it was musty afghani flavors and smells but one plant (no I didn’t clone it😖) after a 2 month cure had an aftertaste that was identical to hot cocoa, it really was…I don’t know what happened to those guys, haven’t heard of them since…I did make f2s but it was an open pollination of several plants and the ones I have ran since didn’t have those flavors…it’s in there somewhere.

2 Likes

From Brazil Seed Co. stock is what he told me when I asked.

1 Like

Did you ever grow out the Chocolate Thai?
Any updates?

1 Like