Anyone make their own ejuice?

4 coils doesn’t really mean hotter, it just means more even heat distribution… for example… I can run 1 coil at 20 watts, or run 2 coils at about 30 watts… you get about the same heat, but it’s more evenly distributed on the 2 coils… almost like growroom lighting if you think about it. That being said… I usually only run 2 coils, even when I could run 4, 8, or even 12 coils simply because more coils = more energy loss over time, so I use my battery up quicker.

1 Like

the plus xl has a turnable airflow adjuster… the issue was hers seems to be sticking probably because she didn’t loosen it before she started vaping. Edit to add: if i recall correctly, the nyx had issues with the side button popping off.

Yes mine popped off but sorta stays on​:joy::joy:

What do you think about this?

It also means, depending on the resistance of each coil, a REALLY low ohms. That means, also depending on your Voltage, REALLY high, as in stupidly unsafe wattage.

It’s like those idiots who are running less than .1 ohms and 200w, because it makes some really AWESOME Cloud. What it usually ends up making is a really heavy explosive force. Not always, but it will and sooner than you would think.

My rule of thumb with electronics and the possibility of explosion, bon’t take advise from a stoner who, can’t keep their eyes open, can’t put together a cogent sentence and take 2-3 hours to get through a metal detector. Has served me well so far… :laughing:

2 Likes

If you’ve read my posts, I don’t do marijuana, I’m growing it for my wife… But I do have extensive experience from having sold it back in the day and doing far far far far too much research on it, along with a very healthy respect for and love of the cannabis culture. As far as vaping, I’ve been doing it almost … 5 years now, going from ego style pen sticks back in the day, to a 225w TC sub ohm with a dual coil rebuildable, so I have experience there as well.

I understand. The problem is, most folks don’t understand that with two coils, your ohms are 1/2 of each 1.5ohms becomes .75ohms. With 4 it is 1/4 so that same 1.5ohm coils are now a total of .375 ohms. This is fine when you are using 2-4 high ohm coils, but some of these idiots run quad .3 coils which gives you .075 ohms. depending on your voltage that can be real “hot” watts wise (and I don’t mean temperature).

I run dual coils at .7 to .8 and I have to adjust my voltage carefully, or even at those higher “sub-ohm” total, it could be pushing some really high watts. If I could make some decent coils at 2-3 ohms I would use those. Don’t care about “Cloud” just flavor and of course the Nic.

yeah, hopefully the cloud-chaser fad is dying out… I have a 225w, but i run it at 32.7w with 3mm 0.8ohm claptons… never felt like burning up 60ml of juice in a couple hits lol :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t even use Claptons, just 26ga normal kanthal coils. I use enough juice with those no less chasing … :laughing:

i like the heat distribution over the wick, usually have longer-lasting wicks before I gotta change out with them, no scorch marks from smaller wire patterns.

Still using my Herculese at 30W (0.7-0.8 ohm) with my old Kangertech Subbox Mini. Been my daily driver for over a year.

3 Likes

I had a homemade box mod that I used for a while, no adjustments but much better battery life with 2 batteries. And a Aspire CF Mod I still use a bit, but not battery life. Just bought a VW and TC mod that i can use SS416 and some of the real fancy coils, but I just don’t get down that low. Right now I am running at 25w and any more than that is a bit hot on the throat.

My salvation is I make my own juice, so I can run higher VG but still not syrup like the high VG juices out there. Saves on burning out coils AND can control throat hit.

1 Like

My collection:

2 Likes

It seems like we all have them, don’t we. Always seem to find one that is SOOOOO much better, even though the ones (plural) are just fine …hehehehehe

1 Like

@Niburan i almost ordered the torch but had to curb things cuz i was buying too much. I would like to try it though. I would most likely only use it at home but that is a great feature about its portability

1 Like

So I’ve finally got around to making my own cartridges!

My process this far is using dry ice to extract my kief, then press it to make rosin. I’ve made 4 carts so far, and I’ve decarb my rosin, then add some terps. My issue is the terps I’m using are not 100% terps and it has some other crap in it which I’m sure isn’t safe for consumption.

What would be the safest way to go about this? Getting real cannabis terps or is there a cheaper alternative?

2 Likes

I’ve been making my own for a while. And if you press good flower at low temps you can generally retain the terpene profile in the bud you’re using.

Some may agree with it some not. But I use 1 gram rosin. 2ml PEG400/6ml PG/2ml VG and get good clean product that doesn’t clog or burn out coils. And add no artificial terpenes. Save the cash. You’ll likely get a lot better returns pressing flower btw over kief.

5 Likes

How are you pressing the dry ice kief into resin? I am on this quest myself. Thanx.
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@argo945 is your man for kief presses :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

ummm struggling with the new equipment i dropped my old tried and true technique when the new press arrived i might revisit my hair iron prepress technique and report back.

3 Likes