Anyone make their own ejuice?

I’d say you did just fine with me Kief on Saturday brother.
PS… don’t blow my cover. I’m much happier here as a lurker.
Stay hazed.

3 Likes

Wow @argo945. So you’re not really happy with the new press. I haven’t thrown down for one yet. Sounds like I will try the hair straightener method to at least press dry ice kief to make vape fluid. I would be interested in your experience with the new press if you feel like sharing. All love bro…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I love roller skates! :wink:

1 Like

press is fine just learning the new equipment there is a curve and i like to ignore practical science so it takes awhile when a learn by feel approach is taken it costs but when you come out the other end you can asses a situation quickly ha ha.
I definitely have opinions now so fire away if you have questions. I am so full of opinions ha ha.

3 Likes

Skate away Amigo.

4 Likes

I figure I’d use just my kief for this process, as Ive got more than enough of it once im done my harvest. I’m more concerned about what im adding as not sure how “safe” VG/PEG is.

I ended up doing a round of bubble hash, and pressed that with a cheap ol hair straightener until I can get a press and do it right. I did try some dry ice kief and it just sucked with this.

2 Likes

:100: this is why I said some may agree with my method. Some not. All I’m gonna say is. I feel a lot better vaping the PEG/VG/PG than I do smoking tobacco. And that’s enough for me personally.

Im pretty sure I read that the PG is more unsafe than VG somewhere. Im already pretty certain PEG400 isn’t the greatest ingredient but if you buy the likes of wax liquidizer they use PEG200 and 400 in their base. I use the PEG400 first in line as it is the only consistent way I’ve suspended the rosin in a way that it doesn’t clog up/burn out coils.

2 Likes

Was hoping to keep it 100% safe, right now the terps I added are working. But looked into what’s in these “terps” and they still manage to put shit inside it.

Was just hoping to find away to do this without any harm. I’ll play around with the rosin once I get a press, and if I have to press it extremely low temps for something I can use then so be it.

2 Likes

Nice video, but me skating is much more like this.

Anyway, back to the conversation at hand… PG is used in nebulizer treatments, but that is a different application. I agree that PG at a low temperature is much better than the hotter tobacco combustion.

2 Likes

Hey @cdnBuddy. Keep us posted on your progress and when you get it dialed in please share it with oleskool. I’m on the same journey and I could use some help. I’m not as concerned about what’s in it at my age because, what? It’s bad for me? Hahahahaha! Onward!

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Whether it is vapor in a nebulizer or vaping, it shouldn’t be that much difference in temperature. There has to be a certain temperature that would turn PG liquid into PG vapor and I would think it wouldn’t be far off from the vapor temperature of THC or CBD. This was the main problem I had with the anti-vape folks.

They would say, “We don’t have any ‘Long Term’ studies on the effects of ‘vaping’ the liquid used in vaping.”

I would always reply, “Yes we do. We have been ‘Vaporizing’ PG for decades and it is APPROVED by the FDA.”

Their reply, “Well… Well… Well… The children.”

At which point I tell them they are idiots and go Piss Off until they actually do some research on their “opinion”.

3 Likes

1 Like

I dont make carts anymore, but here is how I used to do it.

Step 1 make your extract, this was back when I made BHO, but it would work with rosin too.

Step 2 winterize the extract, this is important to prevent waxes and lipids from gumming up the coils as quickly.

Step 3 heat the extract with PG until well mixed, the longer you heat it the better it mixes.

Step 4 load the cart and enjoy.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention with my method the “flashing” of the rosin with a heat gun to remove the waxes/lipids but yeah s’important that

Apparently now everyone is doing “live rosin” carts using “jar tech”. But for the most part that requires a freeze dryer.

Well it’s better than what’s occurring my ends mate. People selling “spice” under the guise of THC vape carts.

1 Like

Not a bad idea bro, markup is insane on that :rofl: what’s a cart 30ml max. Think liquid spice is £100 for like an 8 oz bottle. Be rich in no time bro :joy:

If someone sells that shit to anyone I know. No joke they will be going for a long walk on the moors. I agree with spice as much as crack or smack mate

4 Likes

Pls esplain “winterize”. For old, high and stupid people. Thanks!

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Winterization involves dissolving the extract in ethanol, then freezing it for about 72 hours so the solids precipitate out of solution. You then filter it to remove the fats and lipids. Finally the ethanol is evaporated leaving a cleaner extract.

1 Like