Anyone running a dispensary?

yea, until there are regulations you need to try and find the most knowledgeable people you can. you might not have many to choose from, and none of them might not know enough. so wait to buy from a good source. don’t pay some one to give you crap just so you have something. just make sure to ask a lot of questions from those you buy from.

1 Like

I’ve seen some decent clones on this side of the state…most have been looking healthy but a lot of questionable genetics/names…

2 Likes

Unfortunatly mine haven’t looked very good yet lol

looks like ill be needing clones.

so ive been working hours here at the store, like, alot… and i kind of forgot about my 4 girls stuffed in a tent in my house.

i came home last night, drank a beer (a few) and was wondering around the house, when i came up on my tent.

the horror.

now, i have very nearly killed a crop before, but this time i did it. and it sucks, that strain as been in my stable for 3 years, and was a favorite among my group.

sigh

i havent left the store today, but when i get home this evening, eventually, ill take them out back and give them a funeral - thrown into the firepit.

monday i make the drive to pay my sales tax, that will be fun. i used to cringe when i told people i run a dispensary, but now when people ask i hand them a card and nine times out of ten they have a bunch of questions, body signs tell pretty quick whos interested or whos not.

lets see what else is going on…

oh, we started an “after hours” service. we close at 7, but if your in need we will shoot u a picture of the menu and you select how much of what and we will have it waiting for you at the armored pickup window we have in the lobby, 5 dollar charge for the convenience and its been crazy popular with the farmers. we have an armored window installed, but do i trust it? or the wall built around it? ehh…

no problems so far, well, except for one guy. brings in a container with crumbs left in there, and complained he didnt get high and it smells like dirt. dude, you smelled the 9 jars i had laid out in front of you and HE PICKED THAT ONE. its not like i twisted guys arm. ive worked retail for 7 years, i knew i would get that guy eventually (ala karen). my partner doesnt know how to deal with that sort of thing. im dead inside, i dont mind getting ripped, but the advantage is i can tell him to take his business elsewhere, he wanted to talk to the boss - oh, i loved the look on his face when i told him this was my operation.

just this morning THAT dispensary owner came by, not really sure what for. chatting? making off hand remarks that im ‘killing her business’ she chuckled, i didnt, asked if her son in law was working for me - cuz he has been posting about my competitive pricing and knowledgeable staff. bitch i got vape carts to get into inventory, do u mind?

sorry for the rambling, i needed to vent some. the stress was more than i planned but hey things will get easier, and they will get better.

12 Likes

I get your concern on the wall around the window. Obviously this wouldn’t make it bulletproof but I would remove the drywall behind the window and just steel sheet all behind it so looks like a normal wall from the front an then if somebody does think theyre clever they’ll get stuck on the steel. They do that here for post offices because obviously the glass is armoured an stuff but like u say walls aren’t and if they’re using a sledgehammer the common tool then that steel will hold them back. It is cost but it would ease your mind I think.

5 Likes

Hey man you might want to dig a bit further into that Food Handlers BS. It’s $800ish the first year and $375 each year after that. Just don’t want you to be blindsided by the larger number when it shows itself. You’re doing good work down there man, keep it up!

5 Likes

This application process is a freaking nightmare…

4 Likes

Hey all, could you get around the food handlers Lic on the tinctures if you just sold the CBD concentration? Give out instructions on how to add it to MCT oil or Everclear. The idea would be to sell everything as a topical and then no food handlers Lic at first, just put a disclaimer on the packaging.

3 Likes

This is crap that they are putting this on our industry. If you resale prepackaged foods you don’t need to have a Lic. Just part of the stuff we are going to need to speak up about to get it changed. Either way is should be tax deductible, hence you must have it to sale your product.

2 Likes

great thread !
thanks for letting us see your adventure

3 Likes

@LonnieBoy28 hey bro. you could probably sell the cbd concentrate and mct oil in a package and just add one to the other - but i have my doubts that will fly when an inspector comes to visit. the sad truth is ill have to pull my cbd tinctures and edibles. honestly their not moving as i thought they would. there is more interest in cbd topicals and vapes as well as the cbd flower.

2 Likes

I’ve still only seen 1 CBD strain and it wasn’t that much CBD mostly THC… Have you been seeing any?

3 Likes

I purchase a product from hempster. Non thc. Testing at 15 percent CBD - but I market it towards new smokers or low tolerance users, mostly to cut high thc strains. People freak out on high thc so this gives them the option to tune the bud to how much potency they want.

4 Likes

I got my hands on the pennywise strain. Highest testing one I seen at almost 1:1 thc cbd. My distro is out though, and haven’t found it since.

3 Likes

Think we’ll be running stephen Hawking kush or something similar from @alphakronik

3 Likes

Sweet bro keep me posted

2 Likes

I hear ya… I would prob just sell the concentrate and give out the instructions. MCT could be misconstrued as an edible product.

I plan on running some High CBD flowers. They will be 4:1 CBD to THC.

5 Likes

heads up, i was just informed that the grace period of edible and cbd food compliance is over and they are starting health inspections on dispensaries.

6 Likes

Sent my partner out to pick up a flower and preroll order, comes back with prerolls in ziplock bags - r u fucking kidding me. Non compliant packaging. And legally I can’t put them in fucking tubes because only processors are allowed to package.

Oh - and the OBNDD is crawling around town investigating a grow that is suspected of diverting product to the black market. What a shit show of a day.

3 Likes

Are there too many doobs to just smoke them?
Just kidding, have you called to see of they can be returned?

3 Likes