Anyone running a dispensary?

Gotcha, I think I would Push back with the law if I was trying to sell them. I would ask them where does it say growers can’t package and where does it define the type of packaging.

2 Likes

we are just going to have to deal with constant changing laws until they figure this whole thing out. OMMA released updated rules last friday on their page: http://omma.ok.gov/rules-regulations

so enjoy sifting through another 50 pages of dry reading.

Today the unity bill goes into effect (HB2612) so if your licensed read up on it and any emergency changes that apply.

3 Likes

Yay!!! They made the application changes last Friday on their site.

How the new grow coming along?

1 Like

i still have to install air intake and outtake for the lights but i have an insurance claim getting taken care of with our roof before i can do it, the last hail storm caused a leak along a seam on an outside wall and they have to respray the entire roof because the last application failed, they are taking their time with it and today i just noticed the guttering they hung doesnt slope the right direction.
jesus.
also, ive been pretty busy so ive outsourced some labor - just construction cleanup at my house. all they had to do was load a wheelbarrow and dump it in the roll off dumpster placed outside my fence line. welp, that was too hard, so they dumped it close to the dumpster which resulted in a fine from the city. im pretty frustrated at the moment.

im taking saturday and sunday off. i havent taken a weekend off since we opened so now is the time. ive started seeing a girl and im trying to schedule dinner and a movie night with an overnight stay so we dont have to drive home late, and she will be close to her work for her sunday shift, but i havent heard back from her on that yet.

if all else fails, im hitting the shooting range, found a place that will let me run my AK with bimetal rounds. a few hours running AR500 plate reaction targets to let off some steam will do me some good.

3 Likes

Nice… Dang no time off, you definitely deserve the time. You think you will make it out to CannaCon next month?

1 Like

im bringing in a new staff member starting next week so with the extra help i plan to have some regular days off so im hoping i can make it out to cannacon. cannabis cup was a disaster, hope cannacon is better organized.

1 Like

Oh hell, disaster how? The last CannaCon was done well. There was a wait on day one to get in, but after you got your badge it seemed to go well. There’s no smoking or tasting inside like at a cup, but there was all kinds of stuff for the businesses.

1 Like

@LonnieBoy28 people were passing out from dehydration, no ones was prepared to stand in line for 4 hours for general admission.

i have a dumb question, as it stands now, HB2612 is in effect. seed to sale wont be online til early 2020 but i would assume the included labeling and packaging rules do go into effect?

kind of a bummer, i have like 2000 compliance labels that are now not compliant. distros are going to have to up their game and start providing testing results with flower. everyone wants to email that shit but results must accompany the flower with the transport manifest.

Oh, and the legal challenge to HB2612 was dropped yesterday, interesting times.

1 Like

I’m thinking you should be able to get away with the old labels until you run out. But with that said, I know you want to play by the rules. Crazy part is they have started these new rules, but don’t have the work force to enforce them. Seems like many will keep doing things the old way until they are forced otherwise. Like some growers are saying they are not going to test every harvest. I’m sure some will get away with it and others will pay a big price. That sucks about a 4 Hour wait to get into the cup. It’s way too hot to be playing around with that kind of stuff. Now I’m kinda glad I was unable to go. It was like an hour wait for the busiest part of CannaCon to get your badge. There again, this is mainly for businesses, not a lot there for the non-biz community.

If you wanted to start another store in a different city would you not be able to, or are you good to go, because you already own?

1 Like

ive been grand fathered in on my current store, but yea if i wanted to open another location my residency wouldnt fly because i havent lived here for 2 years.

i made it to the green grow expo and i was 5th in line, got my free doctors recommendation there. that event was well organized, they had the logistics down.

1 Like

Nice on the expo, was that in OK? I haven’t seen anything on it.

That’s what. I was thinking on the store, but I wanted to make sure on that. I’ll prob be going through that 50 pages of rules this weekend to make sure I’m not missing anything.

If they are having any drives like that at the expo I would like to get my wife her card.

1 Like

Oh dang they are have one of the Expos in Tulsa the same weekend as CannaCon. Kinda sneaky

1 Like

High times cups are a shit show… there is little to no planning, in OKC they had it at a venue that held 5k people… In Vegas they had it on tribal land and no one could legally smoke or sell anything even though rec had passed…after Vegas i will never even think of attending any of their events…

Which challenge to the unity bill was dropped? The residency, seed to sale, etc?
I’ve been reading the emergency rules. Seems to have just added residency stuff and transport businesses/agents. still need to go over a few more times though.
So many issues though, take testing, we’re require to test at a stage certified lab but the state won’t be certifying til 2020, same with seed to sale, won’t even take bids til 2020 but we have to have it…

1 Like

Id get a producer lience too another thing i thought of here was getting a rosin press maybe a trim machine could rent those out also the contacts:) I would want my store to become the hub of the area…producing your own flowers now your saving 1200 a pound

2 Likes

Only prob is now you have to wait the two years or bring in a partner that has the residency requirements.

1 Like

oklahoma really wasnt ready for marijuana. they figured they could have everything ironed out in a few months in time for the first harvest, lol.

so seed to sale tracking was supposed to start yesterday (HB2612), but the contract wont be awarded til early 2020 so we are waiting on that

oh wait, lab testing isnt certified yet, so we are waiting on that

oh wait, since i dont have certified lab results the new labeling and packaging laws cant be fully implemented since currently no one is providing tests that include terpinoid content testing, which will have to be on the flower bottle as well.

just waiting to see what other wrenches they can throw in the works to muck stuff up…

i need another cup of coffee…

3 Likes

Our rooms are getting close to finished… A little trim and the floors left then moving in equipment…

Veg/mother room

Flower room

11 Likes

Damn bro! They are looking awesome!

3 Likes

Thanks, been a rollercoaster ride and a lot of hard work but we’re almost there…

5 Likes

Totally awesome…wishing you all the best with your adventure

3 Likes