Anyone running a dispensary?

@Doulovebeef I think that bud looks real nice, hand trimmed? Grown under LED’s? Was that price for tested product?

Doob Creek Farms LLC 2019 Under Construction

Standing in the mother room looking down the hall/drying area toward the two flowering rooms.

Here’s a look into one of the two flowering rooms.

Heat and air will be installed this week electrical will most likely be finished up this weekend and the lights will be ordered Friday. Hopefully the work will be finished up this next week. I’m ready to get started guys. Chompin at the bit as it were.

8 Likes

Looking good bro. Nice seeing someone working with there hands.

All product is tested at fastlabs. It appears hand trimmed, no excess leaf. I didn’t ask about there light setup, but leds are popular in the area. Am I the only animal still running hps?

4 Likes

You may be the only one left. :wink: I’m getting NextLight Mega’s, 24 of them to be exact. I’ll be running BOG genetics if you are lookin. Bringing it old Overgrow style to the masses. Ha!

3 Likes

I hope they give u a price cut on the quantity, those are pricey.

2 Likes

I got a really go price on them. They wheel and deal when you buy in in what they commercial quantities.

3 Likes

Bill goes in effect in August…
Rant ahead…
I’ve decided to just start my own farm… after dealing with all these vultures, I started feeling like a sell out… to the point I was painfully honest at my last consultation meeting and basically called them vultures and told them they had no business trying to get in and they didn’t deserve to be a part this industry… Just got sick of all these people that never had anything to do with cannabis before it was legal wanting to “get rich” off of it now.
To top that off I bought some “top shelf” and one strain was still wet, stem would just twist and bend, never break. And the other would not burn or turn to ash…just ridiculous… $217 for a half…
Then I went to a distributor to pick up for a dispensary and it was the least professional operation I’ve ever seen… it was like back in the day, waiting on your buddy’s buddy to bring it over… Drove 3.5 hours and had to wait another 2.5 just to get product then 3.5 hours back home…and I wanted to laugh at what they had, but my friend’s dispensary needed product, so I picked it up anyway… I imagine my friend is not happy with me…lol oh this place also had bricked up mexi on the shelf!!!
Sorry for the rant, but I feel better now…lol

4 Likes

I hear ya, it is quite crazy in OK right now. Sorry you are having to deal with all of this.

1 Like

@Dewb I hear ya on the running around bro, my first legal weed deal took place at a gas station in the back of a Yukon. Talk about doing business like the old days.

Inspector came by and got our scales certified. The last of the glass and CBD will b in today and I’ll spend this evening updating inventory. Opening Monday boys.

12 Likes

Awesome to hear it brother, Congrats!!!

2 Likes

@LonnieBoy28 thanks bro, its been an adventure. there was times that i was feeling mighty frustrated, i was focusing on the whole picture when i needed to do one thing at a time, do it right, then move on.

i got everything into the inventory system and barcodes stuck on merch, i seem to be getting pretty quick at it. so im going to crack open a beer and start writing up a SOP and best practices manual. need to do some faux sales to make sure tax is figured correctly, and that my evening reports give me the required information i need for quicken books.

tomorrow, if i have everything on my list done, i think i will take a personal day and head into the mountains for an afternoon. i should head to my house and try and track down a water leak, but i have it all shutdown over there until the day after when i can crawl my ass into the crawl space and play in the mud. if i cant track it down ill throw in the towel and call a damn plumber…

10 Likes

Some beer and the mountains sound like a good plan.

2 Likes

Really nice job you are doing down there!

Did you see where mandatory testing is effective immediately?

Our Photon Delivery System showed up today.

Electric should be done tonight, then dry wall, then HVAC. One piece at a time baby…

5 Likes

Damn bro that’s alot of light! I hope all arrived working and intact.

Yea, we expected testing and seeked out those who provided results, Those tests can really add up. More labs are coming online so hopefully that will help drive prices down.

U have to check daily on these regulations huh. I’m sure the state isn’t trying to be shady about stuff, but it makes me wonder sometimes.

3 Likes

Yeah, I hope they can see all of the light from the space station. :wink:

It’s really sort of disturbing the number of growers that just flat refused to test.

It does appear we need to keep tabs on our elected officials, they seem to like to sneak shit in on us.

The nest thing we need to keep an eye out for is The Governor signing the waste disposal requirement into law. If you haven’t called call his ass and tell him to veto that one. There is a really good, seems to be anyhow, FB page for cannabis businesses if you are interested in that I could show you the way over there.

Drywall started being hung today.

5 Likes

@riahgorl_1 throw up that FB page please…

yea i would be interested in the fb page as well

Here you go fellas. https://www.facebook.com/groups/OKCBN/

Look for me on there and send me a friend request. I’ll PM you both my real name. IDK why but it skeeves me out to post my real name on here. LOL

3 Likes

So what’s the tax situation on wholesale?
I’ve made several runs and noticed no growers are collecting tax…
I understand with the AG tax thing we don’t collect sales tax but what about the 7% they added?
Is that just dispensaries?

No tax on the wholesale for grow that I know of.

2 Likes

Yea bro it’s just the dispensaries that charge the 7%

3 Likes