Anyone using 2 gallon autopots?

I just bought my first autopot and decided to go with the 2.2 gallon container. My ultimate goal is to grow smaller plants so this seemed like a perfect choice. My flower space is limited to a 5x5 tent so id like growing smaller plants for quicker harvests and a wider variety of strains. There doesnt seem to be much info out there on people using the 2.2 gallon pots so just curious if any members are using them and what i should expect. I bought 1 for now as a trial to see how i like it, but if all goes well id love to put as many as i can fit into my 5x5

4 Likes

I flower almost all my plants in autopots these days. I use either the 3.9 gals or 2.2 gals. The company recommends 1" of hydroton at the bottom of the pot. I run 70/30 Coco/Perlite and I use about 1.5 inches of hydroton at the bottom. .The extra seems to help with fungus gnats.

It’s a wonderful system. Keep the trays and pots as clean as you can between and during grows. .

4 Likes

Thank you. I bought the airbase and will probably end up buying the air domes in the future. My plan for now is to try this single autopot out in my 2x2. I have a feeling ill be hooked on this thing. Will be using coco logo probably amended with more perlite. Any issues with root rot?

I never have issues with root rot. These things are engineered well. Last two grows I got 8oz each dried and trimmed off one large plant in a 4x2. Autopots are my goto I don’t have a reason to change. Simple simple running Canna nutrients and extra magnesium.

4 Likes

Even better my friend!!! All i run is canna nutes. No issues with boost gumming things up?

1 Like

I only use the Canna base nutes A and B + a little extra magnesium.

2 Likes

@Esrgood4u uses some kind of auto octo magic pots.

I want to try the giant outdoor version some day.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I use a 1.2 x 1.2 tray with a single autopot float with a valve cover. Means I look after a single valve instead of 9. It’s working excellent for me. :v:

5 Likes

Any chance you have a few pics of this?

3 Likes

U should buy airbase, u can use it for ever its 9 bucks and never again any bebbles anymore…

But u use canna coco A+B?
I heard we should use like 50% perlite and 50% coco.

But may i ask how u doing this? What water, how u feed? Because salts are in the buttom, right? So they should shock and do the plant harm?

I just use organics, so iam curious to know

Be careful @Esrgood4u might send you something explicit :joy: :camera_flash:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I mix 5 gallons of r.o. water with a varying amount of the canna a and b loosely following their published feeding schedule. In veg I usually run 600ish ppms and bump the strength to around 900-950 during early/mid flower.

Mix everything in a 5gal bucket and add to the res. Easy peasy.

1 Like

I absolutely love canna nutes. I’ll be running a+b, rhizo, and boost in my autopots. Really hoping the boost doesnt cause issues with the valves. It is a pretty heavy based molasses formula, but i defiantly feel like its beneficial during flower. My plants went nuts last round after i added boost to my feeding schedule.

1 Like

Keep a close eye on the floats. They will plug up very quickly if there’s anything sludgy in your water.

I used to use Urban Farm’s Texas Tomato liquid fert during Veg but it messes up the orifices in my autopots so I quit using it.

1 Like

I’m looking to get away from MegaCrop in my autopots as well, i overflowed a few times.

Canna is one i want to look at, as is Jack’s.

2 Likes

Yup I’ve had one minor overflow and one big one. Hey at least I found out my tent doesn’t leak.

Only thing I use is Canna A and B + epsom salt and the fish $hit when I remember to add it. I’ll add a 150-200ppm bump of a 10-30-20 bloom booster about weeks 2-5 of flower then it tapers down from there. I like to keep everything as simple as possible. Figure the simpler I can keep it the easier it is to avoid problems.

1 Like

Here’s what I’m running in my autopots currently. Pre 98 bubbas flipped the lights 6 days ago.

2 Likes

Are you going by their light feeding schedule? Ive always went by that and besides some slight calmag def in veg, it works really well

1 Like

I don’t remember which one I went with my diary shows I ran 600ppms in Veg and 900-1000 total ppms in flower with early flower getting some bloom booster for about 3-4 weeks (week 2-5/6) I usually start low on the PPMs and keep adding until the plant tells me it’s got enough food.

1 Like

I’ve just finished with a smaller sized autopot it worked fine.

In my last crop i used dtw and a autopot there’s no clear winner as such they both done fine imo.

Eta…Pics from the last crop.
2 plants in autopot and the others are dtw, I can’t see any difference between the two in terms of plant health?

This crop is being done with just autopots.

Things are going well enough.

4 Likes