Anyone using a wifi timer that can handle complex schedules?

Specifically I’m looking for a timer that could do something like: Turn on every other day at noon for 3 minutes.

Typical grow room timers simply cannot do this…

Anyone doing something like this and have a product they like for it?

2 Likes

An Amazon smart plug can handle that, it’s what I use. Only issue is if wifi goes out.

4 Likes

So if wifi goes out your timer might not go off?
Or you just can’t change the schedule etc. ?

2 Likes

I can set as many routines for it I want. On and off all day long if I wish but yeah, if your internet goes down it’s not under control any more.

3 Likes

I use tp-link/kasa wifi timers(ep10p4 25$ for 4). They work great. If wifi goes out it still follows the schedule you set. Increments of 1 min. They also have one that tells your power draw.

9 Likes

Kaza brand on Amazon.

2 Likes

Excatlty, get Kaza !

3 Likes

yep i usse those kasa smart plugs they work awesome. If the wifi goes out they hold a memory that will keep them on schedule i think.

4 Likes

Yes they do.

1 Like

These were recommended on the dudegrows show. Look neat thinking about grabbing one when I eventually automate watering and/or add uvb. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Woods-15-Amp-WiOn-Indoor-Plug-In-Wi-Fi-Wireless-Smart-Switch-Surge-Protector-6-Outlet-Timer-with-Energy-Usage-Monitor-White-50051/206758642

1 Like

I use Kasa as well.

1 Like

2 things to mention with the kasa plug.

1. Time changes with daylight savings, so may have to change timer during cycle.

2. I’ve had one not shutoff and water was everywhere. Now I set 2 off periods for every on period.

3 Likes

I’ve used several cheap brands off of Amazon, gosund, govee…all have worked great and kept there schedules.

1 Like

A bit worrisome as I’d also be using it for automating waterings, but that’s a clever solution :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah not fun cleaning up 20gal of water from inside the tent. At least it was only inside the tent though!

Just set 2 off schedules. 1 min after the first.

I actually have alot of them. From water, lights ,dehumidifiers, fans, intakes, water pumps while on vacation, etc.

1 Like

Do you have to set the schedule with the kaza app for that to work? I have mine set thru the alexa app at the moment.

2 Likes

Yes via app from kasa, never had an issue with Kaza or its app. Had several power outages, everything returns to schedule perfectly.

2 Likes

Sonof has a few different wifi timers and controllers. I haven’t ever used anything but that brand but I’m thinking of revamping the grow to go w/ something else to automate humidity and temp settings for my fans. I’ve had the sonofs totally stop working and crap out, and if the power goes out you have to manually reset the schedule. And for 1/2 the year the hours are off due to daylight savings.

Not really an intuitive product and their support/instructions kind of suck- its very much a Chinese product. Not really all that impressed and why I’m thinking about going w something else.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:when i first saw the post i thought it said WIFE TIMER that could handle complex schedules

5 Likes

Now that would make it easy, hopefully they come in white to match the appliances :wink:

3 Likes