Anyone using Grow logging software?

Anyone here use a grow logging software, if so which one do you use? I’m Currently using growbuddy.

1 Like

im giving groots a try now…too early to make comments though…
DS

Never heard of groots, only Grow Assistant and GrowBuddy… Went with growbuddy because my cheap ass didn’t want to pay $30 bucks :joy:

Nope, I have grow buddy, but I just went back to the old fashioned pen and paper.

I would like something that uses voice to text software and has something I can doodle on. I keep a laptop in the nursery for printing tags and stuff, just need something that is a little more freeform.

2 Likes

I’ve used a free app on my smartphone called YUFULA, for keeping track of my aquaponic nutrients.

1 Like

I use one on the internet and its free https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2688-bubblegum-auto-outdoor

1 Like

I wish grow buddy would keep track of the nutrients i’ve used… Say i have a litre of VooDoo Juice and i use 8ml of it, it would subtract 8ml from the litre and have a little green progress bar that turns red when i’m running low.

1 Like

I have a stack of post-it notes that get transcribed into a notebook, though I’m going to start using a 3-ring binder instead – easier to reorganize info when it’s not bound into a book.

Seed inventory is in a spreadsheet for easy searching and basic info – purchase date, flower time, qty in short-term and long-term storage, etc.

4 Likes

yea, I actually use spreadsheets for all my data, logging all info about particular strains, phenos, feedings, etc. I find its very helpful to go back and use the data from previous grows.

Once you get a basic layout of all the information you want, you can copy into multiple sheets. I have a sheet for each strain. I can link images from my hard drive into the spreadsheets and see anything that I want to link instantly without browsing through folders. This is very helpful if you have a lot of strains going or just want to remember what your different batches looked like with all the notes right there. ;]

A grow assistant program might be beneficial for some, but maybe can’t record all the data you want or need? I have never really used one, can’t say from experience.

3 Likes

I downloaded Grow Buddy, but don’t understand it. Maybe i’ll learn how to grow first… LOL

I use overgrow. Its been my favorite. Plus peoplle can tag along.

4 Likes

I use Evernote to journal in. That usually gets copied into updates to share. That and a paper calendar in the grow room to note what was done in the garden that day, clones, feed amounts, pH, days since 12/12 etc.

2 Likes

Exactly what i’m doing myself…

Am using the HERB IQ free program and after the recent computer failure,
was able to reinstall and transfer files over and back to the garden again…

MS is on a rampage against older hardware and software and each update
is Russian Roulette whether your system will continue running or need reset.

Didn’t know what day they were on without it or my spreadsheet (Day 55).

2 Likes

Been using growtracker, https://github.com/7LPdWcaW/GrowTracker-Android.

2 Likes

Me too! Now that’s oleskool!

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yea I use clipboards and notebooks.

what happened to grow buddy anyone knows? i was waiting for 2.0

Yes, overgrow.com. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1: :green_heart:

Just make a grow journal here, there’s always someone who’s gonna learn from it.

1 Like

Yes, excel! Helps to plan a tight perpetual.

See the yellow line, everything before that line becomes a journal of major events, and everything to the right (future) is a plan based on constant updates to the sheet.

As you can see I just pulled a massively hermied ChemDMT S3.

1 Like