Anyone using Mother Earth Coco bricks? (5kg Bale)

I’ve heard their bagged stuff is good, but unsure of the brick.

There is pretty much 0 info about their bricks, like if they are buffered etc. on the packaging.

2 Likes

When using brick coco, always assume it’s not buffered. Better safe than sorry.

3 Likes

If they can’t communicate clearly and thoroughly about what they’re selling, it’s a pass for me, with any company.

5 Likes

I’ve used the bricks. Kinda coffee ground like, I added vermiculite and now I added coco chips instead.

To buffer I just run my water through it then add a diluted nute mix. Never had problems with the coco.

3 Likes

When I used the finer coir, theirs was good.
I for myself, and my bastardized ways, found the coco husks, to be far better value.
I can reuse it many more times, and then once placed in the outdoor raised beds, I get a bunch more years use from husks.
When I hydrate them, I make a batch of ReCharge tea, and hydrate the husks. Then when adding the Dr.Earth goodies, so much less dust, as the goodies stick to the husks. I then add a portion of compost, large chunk perlite.
I’m old and need light weight items to move around until I fill my pots.

4 Likes

Yes and it has worked great for me. I flip between mother earth, botanicare, and roots organic with zero issues from any of them. I like to read through the manufacturers site though, since they made it and know exactly what they do to it… their charged coco has nutes and the regular coco doesnt.

2 Likes