Apollo 11 babies

3 Apollo 11 babies at about 3 weeks . From 15 + yr old seeds . The smaller one popped a bit later . Ill update along the way . Not really a diary .

29 Likes

I hope it isn’t a secret how you popped 15 year old seeds 3 for 3… :mag: :+1:
:mage:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Big secret , stick em in the dirt and wait a few days . lol

8 Likes

That’s level 9 at least :mage: :mage: :dna: :moyai:.
They must have been strong mothers and the seeds cared for. :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Stored in a glass vial in this old Tupperware container with silica packs in the fridge the whole time .

15 Likes

Well cared for!
What do you think the upper limits might be? Starting with seed that was hitting 100% germ. Storing at fridge temperatures (in the container with desiccant). I wonder how many years you could get and still hit 50 or 25% germ.

Although I read about sugar depletion in the cots. killing old seed that had sprouted.
(Sorry, the sativa just hit)

Cheers
G

4 Likes

No idea and at my age I doubt Ill ever find out . lol

6 Likes

Looking good man.

5 Likes

Good going… they looking healthy

4 Likes

Such a grand idea to pop NASA themed seeds. Looking forward to following this grow. Cheers

4 Likes

Babies seem happy so far . I named them , Meet #1 #2 and #3

9 Likes

#3 is already started alternating nodes .

10 Likes

5 weeks old . # 1 is a girl .

#3 male ?

11 Likes

And # 2 isn’t showing anything yet . Going to up pot to 3 gal. pots in a week .

2 Likes

6 weeks old . #1 and #2 are girls . Transplanted to 3 gal . #3 got kicked outside . Will move them to flower tent this weekend .

12 Likes

So moved #1 and #2 to the flower tent . Nothing exciting to see there right now . Cuts I took are rooting . #2 is rooting quicker than #1

9 Likes

A couple weeks of 12/12 . #1 and #2 look pretty much the same other than height .

13 Likes

Looks good! I’m interested in what size is your grow space is and what are you using for lights and ventilation?

Flower tent is a 4 x 4 . Plants are under HLG 550 v2 dimmed to 75%. I’m not sure what the CFM of the exhaust fan I’m using right now is but its 4" pulling air though a 6" filter . Plants are in 3 gallon fabric pots filled with recycled soil .I’m using Gaia green products right now for ferts .I have a smaller veg tent I use for seedlings and clones with a blurple in it that pulls 400 watts from the wall .

2 Likes

Thanks! Sounds like a nice set up, I’m gonna follow along sounds like you’re set up for some decent yeilds.

1 Like