App developers?

I’m relatively new to this forum but have been surfing the net for years… Anyway, anyone who knows me would describe me more as a beer head than a weed head, but growing and breading weed is really my passion and hobby.
That said I have been thinking about starting an open platform beer trading/selling app. However, with our new president and the imenent passage of the more act I think it would be better to star a weed app.
Yes, there are already similar websites, but (not knocking anyone) I want to build something much more user friendly and accessable to all. A trading/selling/auction type app with various buying and trading options for hash and marijuana products. Not so much a seed clone selling/trading app…so I figure this is the best place to start. I’m looking for anyone interested as well as those who have app development and or computer skills. I know everything about DOS but not so much about app development…
Anyway the main point is to have fun and enjoy ourselves, so in that light hopefully we can figure something out and get a real open platform weed trading app. Hell, we’ll be one step ahead of the government and big corporations so this could potentially become a universal platform for weed “trading” and a very lucrative business opportunity…everyone remember Amazon…

Good times folks, oh and in response to the beer thread I’m about to drink a 1/5 of cheapo Busch and a 1/5 of Fosters original.
Enjoy your evening everyone! :grin::partying_face::sunglasses::cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

You might be better off building it as a beer platform, with hopes and plans for starting a sister platform for cannabis if the opportunity ever arises. It’ll let you work out the kinks in the idea, without risking conspiracy and racketeering charges’ or dumping money into a business you’re never able to actually start.

3 Likes

Well given the open nature of Apps and their development I don’t see how it could be connected with racketeering or conspiracy. Honestly I’d see that as more of a problem with the beer app…

Haha oh and the money being dumped…you should hear how those guys stared Uber and Lyft.

I got the inside scoop…they found one investor to front them 30 million and then went home and created the app over the weekend for free! Talk about a party the next weekend. Then in 6 months they gave the guy a 1000 percent return on his investment. Talk about business genius at its best.

The 'brains" of the operation also won several Oscars for writing a bunch of movies. I hear the guy also has a few grammys under his belt. He is supposed to win a couple more Oscars this season, at least those are the odds in Las Vegas.

Anyone ever played WOW? Maybe an interface like the wow market places.

Edit: if there are any beer aficionados (from Europe) (I’m in the US) out there I would like to hear from you. I have an account for alot of beer (out of Holland) but am not involved that much in the industry. Worcester farms brings up a good point, it seems prudent to find (at least) some beer industry insiders to hear their view point on an open trading platform (for at least hops).

I suggest simply starting with the official Android Development SDK. This is free to download and program IDE. It allows legacy coding back to Android 4 (now past Android 19 I think), and allows virtual handsets for the developer to test on mimic Android phones of whatever generation. By doing it this way, before you even decide whether beer or weed trading, you get official Android modules predestined to work on wireless web, with plenty of how-to tutorials on the IDE and on YouTube. Once built, it is easier to port to Apple iPhone development IDE’'s to publish via Apple Store.
Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m aware of the app builder programs, but in my opinion things (like building a profit generating app) work best with experts and teamwork.

#it always frustrates me when looking at the utilities to “build it myself” as I’m not an expert and business in general doesn’t work as an individual effort.

Mcbumpums.

I guess I’m just saying as a guy with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Algorithm Design that most “experts and teams” typically don’t reinvent the wheel when developing a mobile app; they use what everyone else in industry uses, which for Android is the Android SDK, and before that Eclipse. But why even go back to Eclipse if major issues were solved by the SDK? And why go back further to invent from scratch with a team of experts something that is essentially an ecommerce site?? Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

I’m not specifically thinking of a mobile app…

Thread has a similar feel to the one where Ross asked if anyone was interested in a project he was working on and POM got his claws into him by telling him he had already committed federal conspiracy crimes and needed a helping hand quickly . Best to leave this for your own good, sorry for being Debby downer.

Yeah that’s not trolling though.

So anyway, people with something relevant I’d like your thoughts. I think it would even be cool if Overgrow were an app.

1 Like

Like on my phone, on the webpage there’s the install on phone button that just places a link on the screen. To me that’s just a teaser…it would be cool to have an app.

1 Like

Look like I got that bump anyway :wink:

Is this an episode of friends!? :rofl:

1 Like

Bump, bump

I should be more specific as this is a second hand sale app. Like when you’re at the club and stock up and in a week they are sold out so you sell it to your buddy on the app.

This plays well with a similar beer app except it is weed you have in hand (which you have purchased) and not daily or weekly beer quota.

We could call it bud trader.