Apple Sundae from Cannarado

I’ve heard amazing things about Cannarado. Can’t wait to see your results brotha.

2 Likes

I grew Birthday Funk from them. Here’s a couple photos. Sounds like a solid plan. I’ve been giving these clones out to everyone I can. They seem to be very easy to grow also.

9 Likes

One of the reasons I’m planning to keep at least one of these around is straight up vigor.

I am using the same soil/regimine for these as I typically do and these 2 plants have shown a few notable characteristics. Fast growth, wide sturdy branching behavior, excellent response to feeding but not “needy”, and the vascularization (which is probably incorrect terminology for xylem/phloem) must be off the charts with as thick and juicy as the fan leaf stems feel. I’ve had plants way bigger and never seen fan leaf stems so thick.

I’ve had some dank gear for a while but mostly have run freebie beans to get my bearings. This is an eye opener to the potential of good selections imo. But lets wait to see how she finishes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I couldn’t agree more. I had 6 different strains going the first run with the funk with the same environment and soil and that plant blew all of them out of the water. I got 2 of them growing outdoor in a greenhouse and I hope they respond well in the outdoor conditions.

1 Like

The tent showed up yesterday and I got to work moving the plants. The old lights aint going to cut it though… I have 2 315w CMH fixtures on the way (the cheap vivosun ones)

Once I get the new lights in I will tidy things up. I jerry rigged it last night to be quick and not interrupt their light cycle.

3 Likes

looking nice bud! heard good things about cannarado. cant wait to see what these ladies do!

3 Likes

I’ve heard great things too.

1 Like

7/26 updates. I flipped to a 11/13 light cycle on 7/24, which ended 6 weeks of veg. I got the 2 315w CMH hung and that is part of why I flipped to flower… those puppies get hot! I put one directly over each plant.

I don’t even recognize these plants anymore because they are growing so fast and spreading out. I was definitely wrong about them not being likely to stretch, they are stretching like crazy already.

8 Likes

cannarado :muscle:

2 Likes

got my chair pulled up. looks like you got 2 phenos also so nice bonus! you gonna open them up and spread the branches and take advantage of all that space? or just them them go as is.

1 Like

They are starting to spread themselves out, I don’t think I will do much if any training. They also are stretching like crazy!

I agree there is 2 phenos. #1 (left) has a more open structure which at first I liked less but now I think its actually better, looks like it will be massive. It also has a sweeter undertone to the leaf rub smell whereas the other one is a more typical cheesey funk. I already have cuts rooted from both plants.

1 Like

7/31 updates - week 1 of flower is over. If they stretch any more, I might be in trouble!! Good trouble lol.

#2 (has stem bifurbication on one branch)

Clone from #1 , they are beastly little clones. Verrry vigorous genetics but they are inbred mutants too. I might cross a cut from #1 with the zamaledica male I have right now. Im going to cross the zamaledica with a double black but those are similar plants and both from stable lines. zamaledica and apple sundae are very different plants

zamaledica male (back) and double black female, for reference

6 Likes

Week 2 of flower is over. They kicked it into gear the last few days throwing pistols. I hope the stretch is over because I have the lights as high as they will go. How does the clearance look for CMH? I read 18" minimum so I’m pushing it.

They have been blushing purple a little so I’m doing light feeding with Jack’s A/B. Overall though they have done great with nutrient uptake from the MG premium organic ‘performance’ potting soil. I could probably not feed since they are in 7 gallons. Yall were right about how big they’d get too, they make the 4x8 look like the 2x4 did a month ago.

And some bad news. #1 threw 3 nodes worth of balls mid-height. None so far on #2. It could be environmental, but it’s a very specific intersex trait I’ve seen before so I tossed that clone… I plucked the balls off and I’m going to let it ride for now.

2 Likes

6 Likes