Arcata Trainwreck Is it still around?

I’ve been thinking and reminiscing on my youth (19) yrs old when I last had real deal Trainwreck I remember how emerald green mixed with orange hare on a huge cola I had gotten from a grower in an envelope reeked of pine needle lemon funk , high was very clear and cerebral. Anyways The guy was a cameraman for the old tv show cheaters out of Dallas Texas. I’m curious if anyone here on OG has this cut. Please let me know
Respectfully,
Fat Man

13 Likes

Cannaventure seeds has arcata train wreck

7 Likes

420 Mendocino sells it as S1 I think. Probably spelled there name wrong haha, too early for me.

5 Likes

The real deal Arcata Trainwreck was a clone only strain bromigos, I had it back in the day and passed it around and it was not in seed form.

7 Likes

And only a few have had the Real one.

1 Like

Hola

I was told that “Jaws” Trainwreck
was the closest you can get from
the original Arcata.

ps:thier is feminized

Bare

5 Likes

Here’s the real deal Arcata Trainwreck a clone only strain…

25 Likes

not sure about real deal, but there are a few that claim to have it. i think the romulan folks offer seeds. i am running the bastard version from twenty20 (and others from them). i probably won’t give them more of my money after this round. their genetics are difficult…angriest plants i ever grew while all the others are just fine. even the beans were hard to pop. i had one bean pop a month after planting it…what? though, their arcata’s trainwreck is a monster…it’s the biggest in my tent. takes up two plant slots. in week 2 flower. maybe it will end better than it started.

7 Likes

Got any pix?

1 Like

twenty20 always had a trainwreck. they claimed it was a cross of their trainwreck (mendo?) with the arcata cut. then they got access to the arcata cut and crossed it with their trainwreck. so it’s like 75% arcata and 25% some other trainwreck. it’s probably just an f1. i think most of their stuff is f1 unless it says f2. i have one of their f2 of another strain…it sucks real bad.

3 Likes

lights on in about 20 minutes

Arcata Trainwreck grown in a Phototron, 1 plant…

21 Likes

this is at f12.

15 Likes

Santa cruise goat farm ig has the cut,
He does some killer crosses

5 Likes

I got a 3 pack of Twenty20 Arcata, but my experience was way different. All 3 beans were planted direct in soil, and were above ground in 48 hours with no soak. They’re 18 inches tall at 3 weeks, and they are vigorous beasts!
Not even a new pack, as they were gifted to me by another member who had 3 beans remaining.
Having never bought from them before, I’m impressed enough to spend some money on their offerings, but I’ll wait for the smoke.
Also, once these are in flower, I’ll be doing a (sort of) Trainwreck BX if the Chernobyl pollen I have is viable. TGA didn’t like the Arcata cut, so he selected a different Trainwreck representation.
You’re welcome to come watch them develop, and if it’s successful I’ll be giving away some of the BX.

15 Likes

Headiegardens has Bodhi’s Trainwreck Hashplant. 11 packs left. Soon to be 10.

Also, i grew a Kandy Kush (from Reserva Privada?) clone to flower and the buds and plant growth leaned more TW than OG Kush to me. Worth checking out.

7 Likes

You would probably really like Jack Herer.

Bodhi will be releasing soon a Jack Herer x Purple Unicorn cross “Purple Empress”. Also his Lavender Jack is liked by many.

7 Likes

i did the 3 pack too. i had one not germ (paper towel). 1 germed in papertowel. 1 eventually germed in the same bucket as the one i posted.
vigourous though. the one i salvaged from the post 30 day i gave away. it wasn’t developing normally…like the 3rd node only gave a single leaf.

i have their girl crush f2…it seems like trash. no bud sites, super stretchy, single non branching stalk. i almost threw it out. i might still should throw it. i can imagine the stress giving herms. there is something in the Ca/Mg that they want, but when you give it they burn their tips. super frustrating. not all the girl crush i have seen looked good. some looked great though.

3 Likes

Sure, everybody is gonna have different experiences, preferences, and results based on the breeder, plant, seed batch, and growing style. I definitely don’t want to discount your experience, just offering up my own in contrast.
Hope your next batch of beans treats you better.

2 Likes

Thank you brother for that lead! He definitely has the cut. Wow :hushed: I messaged him fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes