Are all of the old overgrows files lost?

Was wondering if there was anyway to see some of the old posts.

A few of the oldtimers i really enjoyed have passed and i would like to see some of their old posts

8 Likes

Yep, pretty sure. I’ve tried to find my mentors brothers years and years of work prior to passing for about 6 months to no avail. Sad, really sad! So much info GONE

5 Likes

Can someone also remind me, this current overgrow is just using the name and isnt connected to the old owners or anything right?

1 Like

@LemonadeJoe can definitely answer that as I cannot

2 Likes

Sorry but I don’t believe so. Give these a read bud.

8 Likes

Yea, so its just using the domain name and has no connections to the old og or its owners.

There was always a poster on weed forums after who claimed to have parts of the old og downloaded. Wish they would turn up agains

Thanks

3 Likes

I am sure some out there have bits and pieces in their personal archives. It would be amazing to be able to bring all that data back but at this point it is unlikely.

3 Likes

What was the motivation to take the name of overgrow, when it would be just a domain name?

Bet I lost 3000 pics, not to mention dozens of threads associated with those pics. Glad some of my grow FAQ still exist.

12 Likes

It does really show one needs to keep their own backups. I have an archive of all pics I have posted. It is a shame to lose all that data.

4 Likes

This was one of my old picture from the old Overgrow…I had tons of pix in Overgrow…

5 Likes

https://archive.org/web/
Would old overgrow be on here?

2 Likes

Nope, it was ripped from the archive long ago :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I feel as though there is a lot of the old Overgrow archived in a thread over on ICMag. Not sure if it’s still there, but they/we definitely had it when I frequented that forum in the early 2000’s

3 Likes

I remember all the old grow faqs.
So much info lost.
But, we can always rebuild, right?

4 Likes

As far as growing info, the older FAQs may not be available but that hasn’t slowed progress. :sunglasses:

Mostly just nostalgia & history there— growing techniques & cannabis knowledge has expanded by leaps & bounds since 2006 & a lot of old techniques have been superseded.

As far as rebuilding goes… THATS WHAT THIS IS! :sweat_smile: :v:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Google Wayback Machine has archives of Overgrow.com, but will not allow access.
Maybe with national/global legalization they will open the files.

2 Likes

I had a lot of pix at ICMAG too…I was in both groups at the same time…but recently ICMAG changed its systems and a lot of people are having a hard time getting their pictures back, I’m one of them…

2 Likes

I worked on a thread for ICMAG not long after Gypsy started it. I submitted this to OG for FAQ approval to augment my initial snapping the hurd technique, which I found inferior to LST. But it was too late by then. I was Caprichoso back then on ICMAG

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuana-growing/cannabis-growing-questions/3775-lst-training-in-detail-why-bushes-are-better

4 Likes

2 Likes