Are my ladies in re-veg? (Southern California)

A buddy of mine who lives less than a mile away from me messaged me this morning saying his plants were re-vegging and was asking me what he should do. I figure if he lives so close to me and his plants are revegging outdoors then mine are probably too… so I went out and checked and I do notice some leaves at the top of the colas that do seem pretty big for being in flower I think. Can you guys confirm? And if it is re-veg would you guys recommend I just let it do it’s thing outside? I mean I probably have no choice because I am not taking them indoors after them being outdoors (pest reasons). Here are three different phenos and a group photo:

These plants were set out beginning of March and seemed to immediately bloom btw

5 Likes

Looks like full on flower to me. If it is ready chop it and leave a couple branches with leafs and put it under 16 hours of light minimum.

2 Likes

My buddy down the street from me told me his plants are revegging so he kind of planted the idea in my head that mine might be too. Maybe I’m just being overly paranoid? :crazy_face: I actually don’t want to re-veg any of the plants I was looking at the sugar leaves popping out at the tip of the colas and worried they might be but maybe that’s just normal?

1 Like

How many hours of light are they receiving?

1 Like

According to timeanddate.com received 13 hours, 38 minutes of daylight today.

I also notice that everyday since April daylight hours has been increasing every single day. So based on that it sounds like it is trending toward more light which means maybe trending toward veg lighting schedule??

2 Likes

It sounds like you still have enough dark hours to keep it in flowers for a little while. All plants are a little different though.

I think you’ll be fine. I always used March 1 as the date to put out a spring set to finish before the summer. Great thread on Grasscity by BrassNWood that has been doing this in socal for years.

1 Like

Love Brassnwood! So Cal Growers Unite! I discovered him in that grasscity thread and he reinforced the importance of BT Spray when outdoors and other tools I use in my IPM program. Yeah, I’ve seen his posts on his outdoor schedule I actually have it pasted into my notes. I guess I’m just being overly paranoid because my buddy texted me he thinks his plants are revegging, plus I’ve been feeling like my plants have been lacking in yield (but I’m starting to think that has to do with the lighting schedule or it being “off-season”)

2 Likes

Awesome, you’ve seen his stuff. He inspired me when I lived in the Central Valley. Your definitely losing yield in winter with shorter hours of light. Gotta veg them bigger for the winter to get the yield up!